Swedish Witch / Jolanda - restarting the study group 2016

rylla

Thank you very much for these info Sulis.

Luna's Crone

Idea for making moving around interesting.

I got to the index page, but all links in a new tab or window and keep the index page where can find it easier.

Luna's Crone

Since this is a study group. we are gonna go card by card...but tomorrow I will get up a pix from each deck of the king of Wands on here.

Sztar

Ok but note that the thread that discusses restarting the group says that we can do any card. Considering that this study group appears to have fewer participants, I think there might be more participation and less chance of the discussion dying if we are less hard and fast about going in order. Also, the previous study threads include random cards. Just my two cents!

Sulis

Since this is a study group. we are gonna go card by card...but tomorrow I will get up a pix from each deck of the king of Wands on here.

Ok but note that the thread that discusses restarting the group says that we can do any card. Considering that this study group appears to have fewer participants, I think there might be more participation and less chance of the discussion dying if we are less hard and fast about going in order. Also, the previous study threads include random cards. Just my two cents!

It's fine to study the cards out of order and whenever I've participated in a study group myself I've found it's better to do it that way.. It means that people can study cards as they pull them and in my experience, study groups that are done that way tend to be the ones that continue the longest.

When the cards are studied in a particular order people tend to be waiting for the 'study group leader' to put up a card and that way people tend to drop out because they just get fed up.. To me, studying cards randomly, as they're pulled seems a much more organic and intuitive way of doing things..

Up to you guys of course, that's just my experience in over 10 years of being involved in study groups so I thought I'd chime in.

Note: Once this has been read I'll move this conversation over to the 'restarting the study group' thread as it's off topic to the King of Wands study thread :).

Sulis x

Luna's Crone

no i didn't mean to sound dictatorial. it just sounded easier to go in order, for structure sake.

these cards seem to be so deep. kinda blows my mind.

as for the lwb. would love to get my hands on one. I have a cousin who still speaks swedish and she might enjoy going thru it. but will ask her first before going thru my quest to find one.

so i do apologize if i was out of place.

JylliM

I received my copy of the Jolanda a couple of days ago. I've noticed that the LWB's divinatory meanings are very similar (often almost identical) to those for the Medieval Scapini. I can't find an author for either, but they're both European decks/artists, so I assume they're coming from a common, Etteilla-based tradition.

page of ghosts

Is this project still active? I just got my Jolanda Tarot last week and I'm expecting the book in Swedish in a few days so it would be fun to contribute if it's still on :D Or just going through the cards if anyone else is still interested? I've never been in a study group before so I'm not 100% sure of how to go about it, heh.

ETA: nevermind, I just saw the rules for this sub-forum so I'll just add a new thread for a card and hope someone else feels like joining in.