Albano-Waite cardstock hue variation

rif

I wish USG would do a new edition of the Albano with the same care that they took with the Smith-Waite Centennial.

Oh, that would be fantastic!

gregory

As long as it has a properly circular sun :mad:

decan

I haven't this on a deck, but I haven't too much decks and no vintage deck.
Nevertheless I already saw these kind of stains on old books. I guess this could come from the paper.

Richard

As long as it has a properly circular sun :mad:

:confused: The Sun is maybe 0.5 mm out of round in my Albano, but it is too slight to detect without taking a measurement.

rwcarter

Hi again everyone.

I've been shuffling my deck lots and lots since receiving it and I've noticed that the edges are getting some sort of stain. I suppose it looks like grease but I am forever washing my hands and keep the cards in a clean silk scarf during the day which then goes in a canvas bag... I've attached a picture to show you what I mean.
Even if you wash your hands, your fingers naturally have oils in them. But do you shuffle your cards along the long sides or along the short sides? It's possible that the silk scarf and canvas bag are acting as an incubator for whatever that is spreading on your cards. Try keeping them out for a few days to see if that continues to spread.

Rodney

gregory

:confused: The Sun is maybe 0.5 mm out of round in my Albano, but it is too slight to detect without taking a measurement.
It is totally detectable for me - and I cannot understand why USG didn't correct it. It REALLY grates -sorry.

Laura Borealis

Maybe it's oil from skin or hair that got on the scarf from being worn? Even if it was washed there might be remaining oil. It's difficult to get oil out of fabric without harsh detergents.

That's too bad about the staining. But you could think of it as normal wear that happens to a deck from being used and valued.