Albano-Waite cardstock hue variation

Abrac

Did the deck come with any extra cards, blanks, etc.? If any of those are stained, take a blow dryer to the edges of one of them and see if it dries up the stain. You could also put one in a warm oven and see what happens; not very long of course. Or alternatively you could lay them out in the warm sun, but again I wouldn't leave them very long. It goes without saying, take them out of the cloth. Good luck. :)

RichardG

Replace them No.... buy another?....why of course!

D, the answer is simple.
You need another Albano.
Everyone needs another Albano.
The rule is simple.
You cannot have enough Albanos.
Not those wretched, out-of-focus USG plastic facsimile things though.
Only the real thing. Only the '68 Tarot Production Albano-Waites.
Mmmm. Yes. '68 Albanos.... :smoker:

Philippe

Strange, I have the box with instructions but my deck resembles more your former one (with the pics on the right) :

Albano 68&87 by PhilBeDaN, sur Flickr

the upper one, the other below is the 1987 Belgium reprint

Abrac

Thanks for posting those Belgium reprint examples. Quite a bit of difference.

Bronzino

Hello!

I have the same Albano-Waite (1968) edition you have, Didactic, and the backs of mine run the gamut, from creamy white to bright white. I can only guess that each card was printed (in duplication) on one large sheet, punched out (hence the nubs at the edges), and then assembled into a deck. I doubt all 78 cards were printed on one sheet, punched out, then assembled (like they are now with high-tech laser printers). Are there any printmakers out there that can offer an expert opinion?

I scored a printed in Belgium Albano-Waite on eBay just a few days ago (perfect condition). The cards are no where near as crisp and bright as the 1968 edition, but are worlds better than the Italy printing, which I also have. The Italy deck could be a good travel deck, meaning, they are virtually indestructible due to the heavy lamination.

Yes, USG needs to improve the quality/clarity of the Albano-Waite!