Albano-Waite cardstock hue variation

RichardG

Murky waters....

Apologies if this more rightly belongs in http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=264976
Sorry Amanda, I can't help identify which edition your Albano is.

One of my 'Accurate Color Tone' has the 8006 Melrose Ave.,Los Angeles, Cal 90046 address with Instructions.
The other 'Accurate' has no street or P.O. address and no Instructions
BOTH my Accurates have the ® after the ALBANO-WAITE.
I seem to recall that the consensus is that the ® marks usually come later in print runs.
(But don't quote me on that though. :))

Both of my 'New Color Deluxe' have the P.O.Box 46265 address.
The one with instructions does have the ®.
The one without instructions doesn't have the ®.
Your New Color Deluxe is different again - with instructions and without the ® !

So confusion reigns supreme, and no-one knows for sure the printing/edition order.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we need a spin-off thread listing the details of each and every back of the 1968 Albano boxes.

Rodney, Gregory, Bronzino, Philipe and other participants, you don't happen to have an 8006 Melrose Ave without the ® lying around, do you?
Or would this only help to send us all further around the bend and not get us any closer to identifying which edition came first....:rolleyes:

amandasargeant

Apologies if this more rightly belongs in http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=264976
Sorry Amanda, I can't help identify which edition your Albano is.

One of my 'Accurate Color Tone' has the 8006 Melrose Ave.,Los Angeles, Cal 90046 address with Instructions.
The other 'Accurate' has no street or P.O. address and no Instructions
BOTH my Accurates have the ® after the ALBANO-WAITE.
I seem to recall that the consensus is that the ® marks usually come later in print runs.
(But don't quote me on that though. :))

Both of my 'New Color Deluxe' have the P.O.Box 46265 address.
The one with instructions does have the ®.
The one without instructions doesn't have the ®.
Your New Color Deluxe is different again - with instructions and without the ® !

So confusion reigns supreme, and no-one knows for sure the printing/edition order.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we need a spin-off thread listing the details of each and every back of the 1968 Albano boxes.

Rodney, Gregory, Bronzino, Philipe and other participants, you don't happen to have an 8006 Melrose Ave without the ® lying around, do you?
Or would this only help to send us all further around the bend and not get us any closer to identifying which edition came first....:rolleyes:
I have attached screen shots from this website: http://waitesmith.org/index.php/2016/03/30/tarot-productions-albano-deck-boxes/

This kind of clears up the mystery of the melrose and the R (i think)?? It has a lot of information and pictures, including the giant tarot deck.

368f3ac10c5635a0055e8d2face26ff3.jpg

1d275bc94a42782d22715fdd4f3a9e63.jpg

844999a61ec7ab65d2d0b75d58b1672d.jpg

59b5c8ff3fd8d6f45df1fea0d2fdae79.jpg

370f89a4e7488f92ade41e457e32d0cd.jpg

dff58ecf702e356a9078a6cdbb29c5a9.jpg

db1af722313a9f0a24aefa68fa2226eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RichardG

Thanks Amanda.
Dusty and his colleagues are pouring enormous amounts of time & effort into that site and I'm sure many of us will end up referring back to it time and time again.

When it comes to the ®, I'm sooo glad I said "But don't quote me on that", because it seems I was wayyyy wrong :)
I guess this means I have to rearrange my shelves (and my mind) to reflect that the ®s are now more treasured than the non-®s. :bugeyed:

As Dr. Smith famously said, "Oh the pain, the pain...." ;)

Philippe

I can't contribute more in the thread, I have exactly the same box as yours Amanda, that is New Color Deluxe edition P. O. 46265 Calif 90046 with instructions and without the ® next to Albano-Waite. I guess your cards are identical to mine.

I can't be sure it's the "Ur-Albano" but do the cards in these decks with different boxes really differ ?

amandasargeant

Thank you guys for your help! One last question, is your cardstock really thin? I can hold the deck in my right hand and almost bend it in half its so thin.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk