Interest in starting a Mystical Cats Tarot study group?

Onaorkal

So 4 cards are up until now. Would you like me to slow down?

I know many people might be busy, especially during the week, so I'm not too much worried about the lack of interaction in the study threads. Still, I value your opinion on the way we should 'conduct' this study, as I would be very happy to eventually have your opinion.

So, please tell me, is it simply a lack of time to check it out? Or you were not particularly interested in those cards?

Anyway, let me know if you are ok with me posting about a new card nearly everyday. I'm personally very enthusiast about the study of this deck and I am equally happy to share the cat knowledge I have and the new information I find! :)

Have a nice day,

Ona

knight_sephiroth

So 4 cards are up until now. Would you like me to slow down?

I know many people might be busy, especially during the week, so I'm not too much worried about the lack of interaction in the study threads. Still, I value your opinion on the way we should 'conduct' this study, as I would be very happy to eventually have your opinion.

So, please tell me, is it simply a lack of time to check it out? Or you were not particularly interested in those cards?

Anyway, let me know if you are ok with me posting about a new card nearly everyday. I'm personally very enthusiast about the study of this deck and I am equally happy to share the cat knowledge I have and the new information I find! :)

Have a nice day,

Ona

I've been super busy, but I'll get to them and add my responses. :)

Seldes Katne

Yes, slowing down a little would be good. Perhaps a card every two or three days? Presumably we're going in numerical order with the Majors, and then with the Minors and Courts?

Onaorkal

Yes, slowing down a little would be good. Perhaps a card every two or three days? Presumably we're going in numerical order with the Majors, and then with the Minors and Courts?

OK I can slow down a little, no problem :)

And yes, I guess going with the numerical order like in the book should be good? Especially since some cards have a story that follows the preceding card (for example the 9 and 10 of Fire).

knight_sephiroth - no problem, thanks for your answer! :)

empress's dress

don't slow down. follow your pace. you are doing a great job. you are totally inspired. just post. i know i am going to get to each and every one of your posts and comment. i am repeating again: you are amazing!

Kalisti

I'm excited to see this! This is my longest running deck that I actively use--it's the deck that goes in my bag when I'm away from the house--and it gives me clear readings and the artwork is beautiful. I enjoy what I've seen so far, keep up the great work!

Onaorkal

Hello, happy to see new people joining in! :)

Just posted the Emperor today, not sure I will have time to do another one during the weekend. Next one is the Priest and I'm excited thinking about the Egyptian inspiration!

Oh and the more cards will be done, the more likely we're going to find relationships between the cards!! I love that!

Onaorkal

I've been quite slow in posting new cards lately as I've been busy with other stuff (like planning my wedding!) But I'm quite in the mood this week and I will try to do the Strength card and the Hermit for sure, and maybe the Wheel if I have time. I really like the Hermit card! I can't wait to get to it! :)

I will try to have them done by Friday. After that my girlfriend will be on vacation so I probably won't post before the second week of November.

In any case you'll have plenty of material to gnaw on in the meantime! ;)

Onaorkal

As promised, it's Friday and I posted up to the Hermit card!

I won't have time to do the Wheel today, so that's gonna be it for now. Back to it in the second week of November.

Of course I will still come on the forum everyday and if anybody has time to give their comments I'll be able to have a look and comment :)

Have a nice weekend dear Cat lovers!

Onaorkal

Goal for 2017

As some might have noticed, I finished the Major Arcana a few hours before midnight on December 31. When I started to write down my progression, I saw that I was doing 5 cards per month, no more, no less. December has been an exception with 7 cards since I wanted to be done with the Major Arcana in time for the new year.

This leaves me with 56 cards for 2017, so a bit more than a card per week. I think it should go well and if life doesn't get in the way I might be done way before the end of this year. But I still give myself the whole 2017 just in case ;)

I shall resume the study as soon as life will have settled back to normal (I have quite a hectic year start).

Now onto the Minor Arcana study :

I decided to study all clans/suits at the same time. Meaning I will do all Aces first, one after the other, then go on with the 2s of each clan, etc. I can't exactly explain why, but I feel like doing it this way.

I will also start a new thread for comparisons purposes. I already have an idea of what I have to say about the Aces and it will be useful to have a thread where I can point out the similarities/differences I found when studying them. I'm pretty sure it will be useful again in the future for anybody wishes to make a comparison or statement regarding the relationship between some cards.

Of course anybody is welcome to join me in the adventure, I'm always open to discussion and new perspectives on the cards! I love this deck more than ever! :)