Thinking of Pamela Colman Smith today (18/9)

Katana

~Thank you for all you have given us Pamela~

Pamela Colman Smith
Born: February 16, 1878, Pimlico
Died: September 18, 1951, Bude

Gwynydd

What a great tribute ❤️ I will light a candle

Laura Borealis

Tarot would be very different today without her.

I saw this Pamela shrine online, and it gave me the idea to make my own... I think I have a good base for it, too.

Morgan Le Fei

Rest in Peace

I was going to start a thread for her today. Thank you!

We love you Pamela! <3

Tarot dance

I saw this Pamela shrine online, and it gave me the idea to make my own... I think I have a good base for it, too.

...Wow, thank you for posting that...to know she died destitute and was buried in a paupers grave is sad...but it is for certain that her name, her art & contribution to tarot will never be forgotten...Thank you Pamela Coleman Smith for all the joy you made possible in my life...

Morgan Le Fei

PCS was amazing.

I love the symbolism she provided us with. It's endless. In many years of using her cards, I continually discover new details.

Thank you Pamela Colman Smith.

I hope you are living a new, happy life.

xoxo

MLF

Gwynydd

The PCS commemorative set is where I learned about her, and the reason for my respect.

deschaumps

She was born the same calendar date as my wife and died two days after my birthday.

Tanga

Oh - a shrine...
Huh - do I have space for much more in the way of Altars in my little room...

I learned about Pamela by going to lectures at Treadwell's Bookshop in Bloomsbury, London.
It was acquiring an appreciation of her as a person - that enabled my use of her deck - as before, her artwork was never really my thing.
And also - a more conscious awareness of Anansi the Spider :D - whom she would recite stories about at the soirees she threw in London.

Saw someone on the train this week in a RWS deck dress... :)