Nicoletta Ceccoli ~ The World

Hemera

This must be one of my favourite World cards ever. This is an exciting twist of the classic image -which I have sometimes had problems interpreting, other than completion or end of a cycle. I think the difference here is that in addition to completion there is clearly more movement forward, towards the next chapter or the next story. The girl is curious about it and so are we.
Here, too, like in the classic RWS image, we have a lovely female inside a sacred mandala type of structure which in this case is the glass ball.
There, inside the ball, she has a small cute cottage, like a gingerbread house, perfect with a peppermint striped lamp post. She has perhaps made the two snow creatures, the snow man and the reindeer, herself. It is snowing and the year has come to an end. The colours and the snow and her gingerbread-house remind me of Christmas or New Year.

She has arrived at the end of the current story and she is looking for a way out. I think she wants to search for her next story. She seems curious more than anything else. There is nothing claustrophobic or panicky here – which might be possible if one was inside a glass bubble. But maybe she never knew she was inside a bubble? She is touching the wall gently with her fingers and it’s almost as if she is seeing the glass that surrounds her little world for the first time. She is wondering if there is life beyond her safe and beautiful bubble and if that other world is worth investigating.
At this moment she can still turn around and decide to forget all about that other world outside her bubble. Probably most people choose to do just that!? But she can also continue her investigation and keep looking to see something/anything on the other side and maybe a way to get there.

LWB: Everything seems complete and perfect just as it is, but don’t be afraid to shake things up. A new pattern will emerge. Key concepts Completion, wholeness, breaking through.

Attachments

• The World.jpg
    The World.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,328

ana luisa

Will come back to this card later on but, thanks to S.King, I cannot help but associate it with the movie and book...

Attachments

• dome.jpg
    dome.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,211

AnemoneRosie

On the topic of Steven King, when I was growing up I read a book for children, Devil on my Back, that I've always pictured as a dome like that.

I find that this deck makes use of the Insider/Outsider perspective (through the use of glass domes and bubbles) quite a fair bit.

Hemera

Yes, that's so true!
There are lots of these things in this deck where she is inside or outside, or both. For example the coffin, the tower, the bathtub, the birdcages in several of the cards, the labyrinth, the beehive dress, the drum, the egg, the fish tank.
The strangest of all in my opinion are the Kings. I'm thinking of the inside/outside aspect of her dress.

ana luisa

Yes, that's so true!
There are lots of these things in this deck where she is inside or outside, or both. For example the coffin, the tower, the bathtub, the birdcages in several of the cards, the labyrinth, the beehive dress, the drum, the egg, the fish tank.
The strangest of all in my opinion are the Kings. I'm thinking of the inside/outside aspect of her dress.

Yes. She did concentrate a lot of focus below the waist... I got all the Kings BUT the King of Pentacles... But to be honest, the only card that puts me off although quite telling is the 10 of Swords. It goes from either public shaming, getting your first period or gang rape. One has GOT to love this deck for being so bold !!!!