Where to go for people who want to resume their deck study?

Onaorkal

It's one of the sub-forums I liked the most on here...the possibility to have study groups.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't have the chance to finish a deck they started studying and posting about in this section?

I don't really know what to do about it...I know most of the ongoing and new forums are open to new ideas and all, but wouldn't it be too much to grab everything I've wrote already about some deck and go paste it somewhere else? The idea of having it separated between 2 forums is silly imo, but just leaving it like that makes me cry because of all the hours I put into it.

Any suggestions?

empress's dress

Onaorkal!

i hope you take all your postings of your study of mystical cats with you! it is amazing!

tarot, tea and me is the best set up forum for the 21st century. it has no trackers for now at least; it's https (it has an ssl certificate); and the majority of the site is blocked to guests. The pieces that seem to be viewable by guests, at this point, are the study sections.

wherever you go, best of luck to you.

Hemera

It's one of the sub-forums I liked the most on here...the possibility to have study groups.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't have the chance to finish a deck they started studying and posting about in this section?

I don't really know what to do about it...I know most of the ongoing and new forums are open to new ideas and all, but wouldn't it be too much to grab everything I've wrote already about some deck and go paste it somewhere else? The idea of having it separated between 2 forums is silly imo, but just leaving it like that makes me cry because of all the hours I put into it.

Any suggestions?
This has been one of my favourite sub forums as well. So I have been wondering about this, too. I was almost getting into a flow with the Ceccoli Tarot, studying and posting new threads about it. And now it all feels like total waste of time... Of course the studying was for *me* -but being able to post here and get comments from everyone was so special and rewarding. I have not touched my Ceccoli after I found out.. In fact I have not touched any of my decks or books after the "Announcement". I have no idea what to do and where to go from here. No suggestions whatsoever. Copy pasting these threads to some other forum doesn't feel good -but we can't complete them here either.

Obsydian

I would love to see Mystical Cats post (one of my favorites!) at TT&M, if you are so inclined! I'm happy to make a study forum section for anybody who asks for one for any deck. I have no problem if you wish to copy everything over.

I hope you find a place that you feel you can add your stuff to, be it there or elsewhere!

Glass Owl

Onaorkal!

i hope you take all your postings of your study of mystical cats with you! it is amazing!

tarot, tea and me is the best set up forum for the 21st century

I have not touched my Ceccoli after I found out.. In fact I have not touched any of my decks or books after the "Announcement". I have no idea what to do and where to go from here. No suggestions whatsoever. Copy pasting these threads to some other forum doesn't feel good -but we can't complete them here either.

I would love to see Mystical Cats post (one of my favorites!) at TT&M, if you are so inclined! I'm happy to make a study forum section for anybody who asks for one for any deck. I have no problem if you wish to copy everything over.

I hope you find a place that you feel you can add your stuff to, be it there or elsewhere!

For those of you doing deck studies I too recommend Little Fang/Obsydian's Tarot, Tea, and Me (TTM). It has a great layout and i think you'll find it a good home.

I know that copying and pasting your posts to a new location can be a pain but once it is all done, you can then pick up where you left off.

If you decide to go with TTM and need help with making an index thread for your deck study after re-posting them, just let me know and I will lend a hand.

CoffeeBlood

I'm considering copying all the info i'm interested in to my own site - gotta get permissions too.
having the info in 2 places in not too much: if anything it makes it easier to find.

AJ

This has come down to my biggest heartache too. The beauty was someone could have started building a deck 12 years ago, moved on and someone else jumps in 4 years later, etc.

On some forums reviving old threads is very much frowned upon. But here, it was just (all over the forum) "great, new news added to old"

I've been trying to find gregorys thoth deck study with her permission.
I'm not too sure about the legal side of wholesale posting everyone's card thoughts to a new forum. I know I wouldn't like it.

When I find gregory's it would be added to my own private blog thoth deck study.

Stormdancer

I've been trying to find gregorys thoth deck study with her permission.
I'm not too sure about the legal side of wholesale posting everyone's card thoughts to a new forum. I know I wouldn't like it.

She did? I must have missed that, but what I REALLY like is your comment about posting other people's stuff from here elsewhere. Excellent point.

JDusk

I would love to see study threads on Tarotsphere (http://forum.tarotsphere.net/), which was started by a member here so I think it would most certainly be friendly to grabbing everything you've written here and moving it there. I really like it there. The owner is very responsive to suggestions as well and seems to implement most simple things within a day. It's not as beautiful as Tarot Tea and Me (I know figuring out visual changes is on the owner's to-do list, but structure/usability seems to be her first priority) but I've been unable to successfully register on that one so I can't comment on their relative merits otherwise.

In terms of level of activity right now, the Cartomancy forum seems to be winning, so that could be taken into consideration as well. The "Deep Dive" section would probably be well-suited to this, but I'm not as sure if posting a lot of stuff at once there would be appreciated by the people who were there before AT's closing... at least I'm hesitant to do so.

Obsydian

Hey JDusk! Sorry you had that problem. I've since come up with a better registration, and I'll manually activate you right now if you want to check the place out.

Thanks!