Where to go for people who want to resume their deck study?

JDusk

Hey JDusk! Sorry you had that problem. I've since come up with a better registration, and I'll manually activate you right now if you want to check the place out.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response! I actually contacted you via the form on your site and the manual activation worked. :)

Onaorkal

Thanks for the support everyone, I'm happy (even though it's sad) to see that I'm not the only one in this situation.

In my case it wouldn't be too troublesome to copy-paste everything since it was only me doing the study, with some comments being added here and there.

Obsydian, I'm really glad you offered it! I saw the deck study section on TTM, but I was too shy to ask huhu. I'm really glad to know you would be happy to accept a deck study of the Mystical Cats Tarot :)

With the shutting down of AT I don't have time to resume it now anyway (need to save a lot of things!) but I'll gladly PM you on TTM when I'll be ready :) Thanks again ♡

Tanga

Well - I'll be re-posting my study group to the new forum(s). Since all the cards done so far (Modern Spellcaster) were initiated by me and I have a file of my comments. (I won't be posting any other member's input except maybe paraphrased...otherwise I'd have to chase them all for permission. :) ).

**I'm mainly at Cartomancy... and also Tarot, Tea and Me.

Glass Owl

Well - I'll be re-posting my study group to the new forum(s). Since all the cards done so far (Modern Spellcaster) were initiated by me and I have a file of my comments. (I won't be posting any other member's input except maybe paraphrased...otherwise I'd have to chase them all for permission. :) ).
That's awesome! I think the Modern Spellcasters will be the next deck I purchase and I look forward to reading your thoughts about this deck. And I hope to participate in a deck study of it.

My current top hangout seems to be Tarot, Tea, and Me (Little Fang's forum) and she has a section for Individual deck studies but if you post it to one of the others, I'll still check it out.

missy

It's one of the sub-forums I liked the most on here...the possibility to have study groups.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't have the chance to finish a deck they started studying and posting about in this section?

I don't really know what to do about it...I know most of the ongoing and new forums are open to new ideas and all, but wouldn't it be too much to grab everything I've wrote already about some deck and go paste it somewhere else? The idea of having it separated between 2 forums is silly imo, but just leaving it like that makes me cry because of all the hours I put into it.

Any suggestions?

You're right -- there are a whole bunch of forums and it may not be possible to narrow it to just one. Obsydian's forum will be doing the DotW group. Also, the Cartomancy forum, where a lot of folks are headed, has a subforum called "Tarot Deep Dive" which states "Want to dig deeply into a specific tarot deck? Do a scholarly study or an archeological excavation? For tarot, this is the place." and I am sure your studies would be welcomed there as well. Then there are several other forums that have opened which have threads in Talking Tarot. It is not an easy decision for sure! :heart:

Nemia

On Eclectic (Luna Crone's forum) we plan to establish deck study groups, too - I personally want to study the Tabula Mundi and Fairy Lights (both are not here on AT). Didn't have time yet to start them off but I will.

EmpyreanKnight

The Cartomancy has a separate Study forum. Seems good too. :)