Hallowquest Study Group anyone?

PathWalker

PathWalker: Don’t be ashamed, you are my shining example and give me the courage to go on.

That is an amazing thing to read about ones self - thank you!
I often feel bad that it's taking me so long- although I try and think it's doing and being part of the quest and the journey that's important, but still...

Thank you so much for that mental lift and smile.

Pathwlker x

PathWalker

Hit a bit of a block on the Spear King - anyone who has studied him want to come over to lesson 25 and chat about him?
Thanks
Pathwalker

Freddie

I have the original book/deck kit and the two companion books for this one. I really love this deck. It has something special about it and the art is really compelling, at least for me it is. This is a very powerful deck for meditation and readings. I use it for Lightworker stuff too.

Freddie

PathWalker

Blessings of the Equinox

The Wheel of the Year has turned again, and the light and dark have exchanged places.
Now (for me in the Northern hemisphere) it's time to start the quest of the Grail Hallow.

Blessings to all who are following along, and do post and say how you're doing, what you might be doing differently, or if you need any encouragement.

Pathwalker
)0(

PathWalker

Lifted from Caitlins' facebook page is the news that in November there will be a special anniversary edition of the deck, with black borders like the first version, and the HallowQuest course "tightened up" (her phrase) included in the accompanying book.
I don't have any other details to offer right now, but could be useful knowledge for someone.

Pathwalker

PathWalker

Thanks to journeyinghome, I now have the new deck and book set in hand.
I can already tell folks that the cards are the same as the second edition cards in the small green box - except for the overprinting of the arched border in black. So same size (smaller than first edition) same gold twiddly bits in the top corners, same green backs, no white borders :) No changes to the actual artwork.

So the only version with the Goddess of the Land on the backs is the first version

I would point out that this packaging has the cards in two separate piles - and if they have a warp (as these one currently do) - then you're going to have trouble when you put them together, because they will have warped differently so they will keep separating at the same point, if you see what I mean. I've mixed the cards and have the whole deck under a weight now to try and even them out.

In the book - the section on cards contains the same opening sentences and meanings as the second edition - which pretty much came from the earlier editions anyway. The section on each card which was entitled 'oracle' is moved into the Quest section.
The lessons and meditations are pretty much the same; slightly less archaic language in a few places, slightly shorter without losing meaning in others.

So there's no new information here - which is fine, Caitlin never claimed there was. In my opinion, if you already have the previous deck and books then you don't really need this set - unless you're a completionist or fervent fan like me.
But if you don't have any of the previously printed versions then this set is great, all the information gathered together, with a deck, in one place.

Enjoy
Pathwalker

Bookwight

I just want to second what PathWalker has said in the post above, because this is a very good description of my own new set (which I bought because I am a fervent fan and can't resist having extra copies of my favourite deck).

I want to add that I've been keeping the deck in a bag since I bought it two months ago, and have used (shuffled) it a lot, especially this last month. As a result, the warp from the two piles it came in is almost gone. I can't see it when the deck is lying on a flat surface. Only if I hold it sort of loosely in my hand does it still separate in spots.

I also want to clarify something, in case anyone's wondering. When PathWalker says there's no change to the artwork, she means exactly that. The smaller size of the deck is simply the result of the white borders being gone. The arch that holds the artwork is exactly the same size in this new edition as it was in the first. I even got out a ruler and checked the height and width! Cos I'm weird like that. :joke:

PathWalker

Last post before the forum closes

It seems that my very slow journey through the Hallowquest will not be completed on AT after all, as the forum is to close to active traffic in two weeks time.

So I'm posting here as an encouragement to anyone who reads this and the other Hallowquest threads. I've been working with this deck, and the Hallowquest course material for over six years(!) and still haven't finished. Sometimes I work several lessons in short succession, sometimes I have struggled to complete one lesson in six months. But it never matters - it is each small step on the continuing journey which both inspires and teaches us, and it never ends.

So don't be afraid to begin the journey, or to pick it up again when you've been away for a long time. Take heart that others HAVE walked the path before you, and still travel it now, and take a step with an open heart ...

Blessed Be
PathWalker
)0(

Chiriku

Dear PathWalker,

Thank you for this final post. I, too, have not completed my very slow journey through the Hallowquest (in the past year or two, it's been reduced to close study of less than 10 cards.) I cross-reference all three books I have every time I do close study of a card in this deck, and it does take time and effort.

You've been a very inspiring guide for me and others on this journey.

I hope you will consider continuing a similar study group with me on another forum such as cartomancy.forumotion.com .

Very best to you and to all my fellow seekers on the quest.

Chiriku

It seems that my very slow journey through the Hallowquest will not be completed on AT after all, as the forum is to close to active traffic in two weeks time.

So I'm posting here as an encouragement to anyone who reads this and the other Hallowquest threads. I've been working with this deck, and the Hallowquest course material for over six years(!) and still haven't finished. Sometimes I work several lessons in short succession, sometimes I have struggled to complete one lesson in six months. But it never matters - it is each small step on the continuing journey which both inspires and teaches us, and it never ends.

So don't be afraid to begin the journey, or to pick it up again when you've been away for a long time. Take heart that others HAVE walked the path before you, and still travel it now, and take a step with an open heart ...

Blessed Be
PathWalker
)0(