Hallowquest Study Group anyone?

Violet Gargoyle

I am almost in reverse. I have the book. But no cards. I will follow this thread though, I would be interested in the discussions!

Violet Gargoyle

Heya, Thanks!

Aerin

violet, we have started with Lesson One on another thread.

Aerin

Jewel

I think I am going to have to bow out of this group for the present, but will come back and dust the cobwebs off the threads when time permits. I just have way too many projects going on, and with Tarot and Qabalah study group forming (my passion) I think I will wait and do the Hallowquest when I have the proper time to dedicate to it, as I really want to do it right.

sapienza

I know this is an old thread, but I've just started working with the Hallowquest deck now. I have the book "Hallowquest: Tarot Magic and the Arthurian Mysteries" but unfortunately I can't find a copy of the Workbook. I'm curious as to the yearly study sequence? I have Caitlin Matthews Celtic Wisdom Tarot and am wondering if it is structured like the year long sequence in that book. Does the Hallowquest go through the Majors and Minors? Is it one suit at a time as per the seasons? Thanks for any info. I'm still hoping to find a copy of the book eventually.

Faolainn Storm

The yearly course is structured seasonally. So Spring is the Swords, Summer is Spears, Autumn is Grails and Winter is Stones. The cards are studied in the following order:
Ten (plus a solstice/equinox ceremony)
Maiden, two & three
first major
Knight, four & five
second major
Queen, six & seven
third major
King, eight & nine
fourth major
fifth major
Ace
"Investiture of the (sword/spear/grail/stone)" and exercises to assimilate the lessons

The major arcana are divided between the four seasons (in order they are studied):
Spring: White Hart, Round Table, Cauldron, Moon, Lady of the Lake
Summer: Prydwen, Sovereignty, Green Knight, Sun, Arthur
Autumn: Gawain, Wounded King, Spiral Tower, Sleeping Lord, Guinevere
Winter: Taliesin, Grail Hermit, Washer at the Ford, Star, Merlin.
(this is related to the "Land of Logres" map, p 118 of "Hallowquest: Tarot Magic and the Arthurian Mysteries")

The Seeker in the Wasteland and the Flowering of Logres are studied before the rest as part of "preparation for the quest".

If you are looking for the course book, there are two different versions. Both have the full year long course, but the second book has some of the "Hallowquest: Tarot Magic and the Arthurian Mysteries" (note it is only some of the information, not all). Because of this it is a more complete read, but as you already have that book, you may find it repetitive. However I have a feeling the second book may be easier to find.
The two books are:
"The Arthurian Tarot Course: A Quest for All Seasons", isbn 1-85538-258-X, yellow book with Sovereignty on the front.
"Hallowquest: the Arthurian Tarot Course", isbn 0-7225-3448-5, big blue book, with Lady of the Lake on the front.

Feel free to PM me if you want any more information.

FS

Sidhe-Ra

This was my first deck and I love it still :)

I'm a bit busy, but I'd love to drop in from time to time, if that's okay?

Em x

sapienza

FS, thanks SO much for all that info. That's just what I need to get myself organised before my book arrives. Best wishes.

Em, it seems this study group has lapsed but perhaps there is some interest out there to start it up again??? I'm in the Southern Hemisphere though so I'd be doing the seasons opposite to those in the North.