Hallowquest Study Group anyone?

PathWalker

Good idea! I'm still plodding along, and not worrying about being slow :)
Nice to see you on the path,
Pathwalker

Aerin

I think that is the key, not worrying about it. It has been really interesting to re-read my original steps on this particular path...

PathWalker

Hallowquest meditation recording.....?

Did anyone ever contact the Matthews for a copy of the Hallowquest meditations on tape (or whatever medium)?

As I have no-one to read them to me, it would be really useful to have them pre-recorded, so I thought I ask if anyone had tried to get hold of a copy lately (they don't show on their list)

Pathwalker

witchychris

I've never come across them anywhere but I must admit that I haven't contacted them to try and get hold of them. I just read them onto the dictaphone on my mobile or mp3 player whichever was closest to hand.
Good to see someone else joining in. I've been really struggling to keep up with the schedule of the seasonal sections of the course. I've decided now to just work through at my own pace rather than 1 lesson per week.
Hope it goes well for you.

Aerin

I just silently read them to myself and paused where I needed to, I tend to go into a trance when I am reading anyway (it can be very hard to attract my attention when I am involved in a book, I just don't hear anything outside of myself).

PathWalker

Thanks for the ideas :)
I don't have anything that I could record onto (not at all techy here:) ) and I think reading would 'get in the way' if you know what I mean, so I'm going to have a bash at memorising and then following and see where I get.

I don't manage to keep to the schedule either witchychris, but like you I'm going at my own pace - feeling that it's the journey itself that's important, so better to keep gooing slowly than to stop over that issue.

Blessings to all
Pathwalker

merissa_88

It's great this group is still going. I just got the deck and am getting "The Arthurian Tarot Course: A Quest for All Seasons" along with "Hallowquest: Tarot Magic and the Arthurian Mysteries". It's really helpful to read your posts while I'm trying to learn. Peace, Merissa

PathWalker

Welcome Merissa_88, nice to have a fellow traveller! I, for one, am plodding along slowly, not managing to keep up with the kind of timetable in the book - but I believe it's the journey that's important, and so it must be better to do it all slowly, than to skip bits? LOL
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it :)
Look forward to 'chatting' with often as you come along with us :)

Blessings
Pathwalker

merissa_88

Thanks PathWalker!

I am looking forward to the first lessons and getting the books. It sounds like some of the lessons are linked to the seasons. I'll have to figure out where I should be in the book.

I don't have anything that I could record onto (not at all techy here ) and I think reading would 'get in the way' if you know what I mean, so I'm going to have a bash at memorising and then following and see where I get.

Just my 2 cents, but I think this is a great idea.

PathWalker

merissa_88 said:
Thanks PathWalker!

I am looking forward to the first lessons and getting the books. It sounds like some of the lessons are linked to the seasons.
Hiya, just in from a great walk in autumnal woods :) Are you in the same seasons as here in UK?

Anyway, yes the book "The Arthurian Tarot Course" has a set of weekly lessons, that may take a year - but are taking me much longer LOL

The first five lessons are not seasonally related - you just do them first whatever time of year it is. After that you begin with whichever season is about to begin - so "Winter" begins on the winter solstice, so you could jump in there if you whipped through the first 5 lesson section.
But if you took much longer with the first five lessons, which is fine, then you could start with the spring section.

The year keeps turning round, so you can step on whenever you're ready :)
We'll see you in lesson one when you've got the books, great to talk to you
Pathwalker :)