Karma Angels deck

NightWing

I acquired the Karma Angels deck awhile ago. This is a Lo Scarabeo product, with an image on each card of a single angel, painted in the style of a Byzantine icon. I happen to really like this particular art style, and that was my main motive for purchasing this oracle deck. While I really enjoy the look of the cards, I've been less than successful in using them as an actual oracle.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has had experience with Karma Angels. What do you think of them artistically, conceptually, etc.? How have they worked for you as an oracle deck? Have you other impressions of them, or comments to make?

Your input is appreciated.
-NightWing

Brammetje

Hello,

I got this deck a week ago and am pleased with it.
Of course it's not a tarot deck and needs another approach.
At this point I draw a card whenever I feel like it to get in touch with their meanings and symbolism.
Unfortunately the booklet contains very little information on each "individual" angel and I haven't been really succesfull in finding out more about them, apart from the most famous archangels like Michael, Rafael, Gabriel, Metatron etc.

I hope to find somebody here that has more knowledge about these angels or can direct me to a good and reliable resource/book.

Best regards,
Bram

ps: Nightwing, do you still use your Karma angel deck?

a_shikhs

Hi Brammetje,
you can read Doreen Virtue's book - Messages from your angels. It is a lovely book and she has written about each and every angel and their purpose in helping you.. Lovely book..

Shadow Wolf

I've had this deck for a while and I really like it. When I use it, it makes me
feel like I'm really in contact with angels. It's awesome !!

Le Fanu

This deck has just been reissued in a large size, richly gilded on lovely thick cardstock and with no muiltilingual titles (just one angel name and a number).

I had never seen this deck before until today in my local esoteric shop. I who have never been into Angels deck -In fact I consciously avoided them - but this one drew me in because of the artwork and the fact that it is more classical, more Byzantine. It is beautiful - and would work fabulously with the Golden Tarot of the Tsar perhaps or the newly released Byzantine Tarot. I like this LoS tendency of digging out old publications and improving them. The deck now has a book written by Marcus Katz but I have been looking at the cards and seeing symbols which are easy to decipher - scales of justice, closed books, Moons, Stars, a Hermit's lamp - so I think the imagery is quite easy to understand.
you can read Doreen Virtue's book - Messages from your angels. It is a lovely book and she has written about each and every angel and their purpose in helping you.. Lovely book..
I certainly wouldn't recommend reading this book. I don't think Doreen Virtue has a monopoly on angels and I wouldn't trust her take anyway.

For those who have an interest in angels but prefer the angels seen on Venetian church ceiling or in Tuscan sacristies, this might be a deck for you. These aren't fluffy feel good angels but more churchy angels. I actually really like this deck. Have I found my angels' deck :D? I would definitely recommend this opulent Oracle deck; worth keeping an eye open for.

conurelover

Hi Brammetje,

Thanks. I have read a couple of her books.

Madrigal

This looks lovely! I've been searching for something like this with its Greek orthodox icon vibe. Angels with substance lol, slightly oxymoronic but I didn't realize it's what I was looking for until I saw it. A lone counterpart to the plethora of pastel-hued creations currently on the market. And the companion book is by the Tali-Marcus duo so it should have some weight to it. In a moment of uncharacteristic impulsiveness I clicked submit on this one. I think I shall pair it up with Kat Black's Golden Tarot. :angel:

Le Fanu

You won't regret it. It's beautiful and sumptuous...

Madrigal

Some pics to enable the curious...

376ab83c-8755-4ded-8848-a53ca49dd134_zpsn4ddhyxg.jpg

MoonGypsy

hmmmmm.....i am thinking i quite like this!