Motherpeace Tarot anyone?

Grizabella

OK I'm going to try to revise this study group. It might end up being just me who does it, but here I am.

The way I want to do this and that I think will be more meaningful is if, instead of just going over what the books say about the deck, which we can read for ourselves, or describing what's depicted in the pictures, which we can all see for ourselves, we each do some research on what the symbols mean or describe how the deck has functioned in our readings, etc. using other sources such as books, the internet, and our own experiences. I think doing it that way will bring more depth for us and bring the deck to life more for us than just stating the obvious.

Anyone interested?

punchinella

Grizabella, I might be interested in participating in this, time permitting. I have a notebook where I've journaled on about half these cards--I was really into it for awhile but then sort of fizzled out. They're certainly rich enough to sustain study.

Since I don't own the book, your strategy sounds wonderful. I particularly like the idea of sharing personal associations, thereby deepening our individual pools :)

Mellaenn

Yes, studying the cards separately from the book makes sense. it's the best way to get to know a deck anyway; experientially....

Grizabella

There's a book called The Motherpeace Tarot Playbook that you might also want to get. It's not in print and can be quite expensive but if anyone is interested, there are several from the used sellers on Amazon that are quite reasonable right now. I have the book myself. It deals with the astrology aspect of the cards as well as a lot more. Just thought I'd give a heads-up in case anyone wants to get one while there are cheap ones listed. It seems to cover the elemental dignities aspect, too, from just skimming through it this morning.

I shot myself in the foot doing a heads-up once for the 2-Hour Tarot Tutor, which used to be offered very cheaply from the used sellers and I liked to occasionally buy one to give to beginners but then the used sellers skyrocketed their prices right when I had given my last copy to someone so I ended up without one myself. :( LOL I'll take a chance with this one, though, since I have one already. We might want to start a thread on the astrological aspect when we've done all the cards and then it will come in handy, so if you want one, I suggest you grab one. The copies offered are supposed to be in good condition.

I think there are three books, but Motherpeace: A Way to the Goddess and the Playbook are the best ones, I think. I heartily recommend both books in addition to this study group. The amount of information in them is fantastic.

OK, on to our study group.

punchinella

Okay, you sold me on the playbook--I just went & ordered one :| (Well, it was inexpensive.)

This is exciting--I've wanted to do more with these cards for awhile.

WyrdRaven

I've got the books. Now is the perfect time to really start studying them along with the cards. Over time I had let them fall by the wayside, what with all the decks and books in my life.

ehetep

I think I have every book that the motherpeace creators ever wrote so count me in for study group as well!

ehetep

I think I have every book that the motherpeace creators ever wrote so count me in for study group as well!

Grizabella

This study is so silent, but I know a lot of that is my fault. I proposed restarting it and then got sidetracked. I'll try to get some posts going in the next day or so. I think of it every night when I go to bed but by then I've worn myself out on the necessities of life and have turned off the computer for the night. My books and deck lie there beside my bed accusingly and I don't even have the energy left to pick up the book or the cards. Sigh.

But now I think I've caught everything else up enough to work some regular quality time in for the Motherpeace study and I'll do my utmost to be back in a day or two with input. :)

I'm sorry I proposed the study and then fell down on it, but anyone else can take it and run with it, should they want to, and I won't mind, if that's stopping somebody else. Otherwise, I haven't forgotten and will definitely be back to it very soon.

Nevada

Oh gosh, I'd love to do this if I weren't drowning in kittens at the moment. I love my Motherpeace and haven't gotten it out in some time. I'll try to follow, and see what happens, but I can't promise any input. I think it's wonderful someone is studying the Motherpeace. :)