21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step SIXTEEN

Jewel

Step 16 - Fantastic Menagerie

STEP 16 - DRAWING
DECK: Fantastic Menagerie
CARD: The Star

I tried to attach the scan of my drawing but it is apparently to large of a file to attach here ... if can e-mail the drawing to someone and they can make it a smaller JPG file I would be grateful.

In drawing the card I noticed that different types of starts were used in the card (I pulled out my magnifying glass to look at details) - there were three six-point stars, one four-point star, four five-point stars, and one eight-point star in the far distance on the right hand side of the card. In reading 78 Degrees of Wisdom it is noted that in the RWS all stars are eigh-point stars ... Not sure what it all means, but anyhow the FM stars are (like the rest of the card) different.

I also noticed that the vines adorning the Ibis-Woman are very much alive and have live buds on them. The flowers and buds decorating her head are actually part of the live vine, not separate adornments.

One of the other things I noted were that although she is very white, she only has feathers on her head and neck. Could she be undergoing a full transfromation from human to Ibis ...

This was a step that I figured would be make or break for me in getting through 21 Ways. Looks like I am going to make it! Due to the amount of detail in my card I had to try to draw what I could see vs. a stick figure. It was a rewarding exercise.

Attachments

• FM Star.JPG
    FM Star.JPG
    258 KB · Views: 602
  • Step 16.jpg
    Step 16.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 613

Jewel

coyoteblack said:
Now this is fun !

** Numerology sees the four as representing stability and organization.
Adding to the numerology, 4 + 4 = 8, 1 + 7 = 8, so the two fours formed by your figure also add up to eight which is what your card number reduces to. Eights are strength, courage, regeneration, prudence, spiritual progress, etc.

Your 5's (crown and stars) apart from strife, challenge, and all the wonderful aspects of 5's (yes I am being fascitious) also can represent the 4 elements and Spirit (or Ether). And 10's are completion.

So you put that all together, and you have the rest or stability (4's) that comes after struggle (5's), showing courage and strength (8's) at the completion of this cycle (10's) following The Tower ...

OK so I also have the Star card and have had a lot of time to think on the Star specifically.

I loved your note about how she pours the rainbow instead of water, my Star does not pour anything ...

P.S. after writing this and thinking about it some more, my Star card also makes reference to 4's with the 4 pointed stars, and to 5's having 5 figures in it (3 fish, 1 dragonfly, 1 Ibis-Woman) hmmmmmmm .......

Jewel

If anyone can help me with reducing the size of my drawing so I can post it please PM me. I will not be online over the weekend. Thanks!

dadsnook2000

Help posting a photo

Jewel, I've been away for a couple of days and found that my last post did not make it thru the Internet world. Send your photo to dadsnook@charter.net and I'll reduce/compress it for you. If I don't get it back before you leave I'll post it plus send it to you via a PM or e-mail for you to post. Dave

PS, I'm thinking of going on to Step 17 since so many don't want to sketch their card.

coyoteblack

cool step 17 it is I am looking forward to it.

Jewel

dadsnook2000 said:
Jewel, I've been away for a couple of days and found that my last post did not make it thru the Internet world. Send your photo to dadsnook@charter.net and I'll reduce/compress it for you. If I don't get it back before you leave I'll post it plus send it to you via a PM or e-mail for you to post. Dave

PS, I'm thinking of going on to Step 17 since so many don't want to sketch their card.

Thanks Dave, I just e-mailed it to you. As for Step 17 ... bring it on!

dadsnook2000

Jewel's Sketch of the Ibis Woman

The following is a compressed copy of Jewel's sketch of her card. Dave

Attachments

• Step16-Ibis-Woman.jpg
    Step16-Ibis-Woman.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 629

dadsnook2000

The Ibis-Woman

Your figure looks more relaxed, more as if she were freely walking and not so bound by the vines. With her foot free of the water, but still among the rushes and other water-plants, she is moving more purposefully towards her destination. Her arm/hand posture is also much more natural. For her, you depiction comes closer to "hope" being more likely to show itself easier and more quickly in terms of achievement. Great sketch. Dave

Jewel

Thanks Dave, both for helping with my picture and for the feedback. I have saved and attached her to my post (YAY!).

When drawing the card and finding that the vines were live it made them less bindings and more like pets and friends so she is quite relaxed in them and enjoys them. The more I work with this particular version of the Star I see her as healing and hope. Her connectedness to nature and her communion with other creatures and with nature speak to both. Trully a beautiful message and a beautiful card. I just let her flow through me as I drew her. For some reason I am particularly fond of the dragonfly.

I did not see all of this in her when I first started working with her, this drawing is a result of our journey together.

coyoteblack

Nice sketch!!

She seems more feminine more cute and seeing as she is unbound she is much freer like she is in control not being held in place.

Freedom is the biggest difference I noticed between your card and the original.

Also the fish look they might have a attitude if they had fingers they would do the snap fingers and hands around the world thing

again wonderful sketch