Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 308 : June 24 - June 30

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Resident

Luxa 
Resident

So many interesting decks in use again this week!

I've been really busy, but managed to lay out the court cards again for this week's deck, the Victorian Fairy. I'm still reading The Tarot Court off and on, so that's spurring me on to look at them properly.

I just love them! The Knights are brilliant, especially the pentacles on a tortoise. I really like the colours used for each suit, and for the kings and Queens I love their positions. QoW looks like she's dancing and the King and Queen of Cups are lounging on their thrones. So much fun! 😂

The Pages I'm not so good with, so don't get them as easily, I need to read the guide book. Here they're Heralds. I like how they have a little of the previous season, like ice on the Spring, or falling leaves on the winter.

Here's the pic so you can see them too if you want 😀
http://imgur.com/a/G4uEa
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #31
Citizen

page of ghosts 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxa View Post
So many interesting decks in use again this week!

I've been really busy, but managed to lay out the court cards again for this week's deck, the Victorian Fairy. I'm still reading The Tarot Court off and on, so that's spurring me on to look at them properly.

I just love them! The Knights are brilliant, especially the pentacles on a tortoise. I really like the colours used for each suit, and for the kings and Queens I love their positions. QoW looks like she's dancing and the King and Queen of Cups are lounging on their thrones. So much fun! 😂

The Pages I'm not so good with, so don't get them as easily, I need to read the guide book. Here they're Heralds. I like how they have a little of the previous season, like ice on the Spring, or falling leaves on the winter.

Here's the pic so you can see them too if you want 😀
http://imgur.com/a/G4uEa
That deck is so pretty, and I like the courts! I feel like I still have a lot of work with going through the decks I already own so I won't be getting it anytime soon (unless I really feel like giving myself a treat that is, it happens sometimes ) but it's definetely on my wishlist.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #32
Citizen

CharlotteK 
Citizen

I did a few readings with Tarot of the Spirit, and I really like this deck a lot.

I have the book too, which is a beast. I did refer to it frequently and I am in two minds about the book. It is very comprehensive, and includes lots of ideas about interpretation, symbolism, what lies behind the artwork etc. But after a while, i did start to feel that a lot of the narrative got quite samey.

That said, there's quite a lot of Buddhist and Taoist philosophy in here that i like. There's a lot of kabbalah too, which I have no grounding in, so can't comment on the quality of that content. I found the artwork on the cards quite beautiful and very expressive. I think this is a deck I will return to for sure.

I'm on holiday now, and I've taken different decks with me, pre-empting a new thread already
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #33
Citizen

Rose Lalonde 
Citizen

Listened to the Fortune's Wheelhouse podcast on the Priestess early this morning. My favorite so far. And the Jolanda I got in trade from a forum member has arrived... in time for next week's DotW.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #34
Citizen

page of ghosts 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Lalonde View Post
Listened to the Fortune's Wheelhouse podcast on the Priestess early this morning. My favorite so far. And the Jolanda I got in trade from a forum member has arrived... in time for next week's DotW.
That's great! I'm still working on posting some of what is in the book.. it's so much to read and interpret because the Jolanda book is about tarot and witchcraft so it's not very straightforward. Especially the Majors have so many pages of material. Wish I knew better how to approach it. The deck is cool though.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #35
"and you can't make me..."

VGimlet 
"and you can't make me..."

This week went by fast! Here is the new thread for next week.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #36

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.