Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 309 : July 1 - July 7

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

CharlotteK 
Citizen

Hi Carojulie, I think many of us have these concerns, but there is a way of making groups private on FB so friends don't get notified of any activity in the group. Membership of groups can also be hidden from profile using personal privacy. I am a member of several groups I definitely do not want people in my friends list to be aware of. Making it private also means requests to join can be 'vetted' so risk of trolls is reduced. It's perhaps not the ideal solution. But it is maybe an option if all else fails...?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #31
Citizen

csmith0406 
Citizen

I'm so sad AT will be shutting down, and do want to continue DOTW. I would be willing to host a forum too, for either DOTW or the whole thing if Luna's Crone isn't able to.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #32
Citizen

AJ 
Citizen

the other threads are so overwhelmed with the same people saying the same thing over and over, so I'll just say something here. Although it will probably get rambling, sorry.

#1, I limit myself to just 2-ish hours a day online. It is part of my effort to be a good steward of my life. In the last few years I've had both breast cancer and lung cancer, I don't want to waste the 30 or 40 years I have left I don't want my headstone to say 'she shoulda' anything

That said I visit one quilt forum and here, with a lot of both blocked off, I just want meat, not enough time for jello fluff

I'm on fb in a limited manner, connected to just quilting. I don't ever post to my wall, and I have posts from my groups also shut off my wall. When I have time to go there, I go directly to my groups to see what is new.

edited to add: I was so distracted by the notice I even missed pulling a new deck this week....
Songs for the Journey home is my comfort deck. I've lost three important things this week.
Thank yo

One of the best things about AT is the pool of users is large enough to keep the general momentum going. And double plus it is really international, no one country overwhelming everything.

I know the moderation is a big part of this, but I really am tired of being modded myself. That is my big girl pants puddled, rather than pulled up.

I can't see myself joining another group because without the numbers the lethargy of a weak group set in.

so no answers, just thoughts being mulled over...

Thank you VGimlet, our third deck wrangler, for always being on the ball.

third edit...I'm over my 2 hours today!
One of the reason AT as a forum is becaue it is owned and built by Kate. Any forum I've ever been on that is free to set up and run has been pretty clunky and difficult to run and breaks down a lot.

I understand a site as big as this costs money which is why I never got stingy about paying my membership. Even when over the years the subscribers extras weren't part of the draw. I don't know what AT costs were, but I'll bet it was much more than getting free deck.
\
I think I'm done now...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #33
counting 6 impossible things before breakfast

Glass Owl 
counting 6 impossible things before breakfast

This thread could continue over at Obsydian's new forum. She has a Talking Tarot forum currently set up It is at https://www.littlefangtarot.com/forum/index.php

I think it would be sad if this thread doesn't continue somewhere.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #34
Citizen

csmith0406 
Citizen

I like Little Fang forum, it has a familiar organization. I know we have a lot of members at cartomancy too, we could easily do a thread there. Maybe we could agree where we will continue?

VG do you want to keep up the thread somewhere else?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #35
Citizen

Trogon 
Citizen

Hi VG, thanks so much for these DotW threads. I have found them extremely helpful, giving me a chance to work with different decks. I'll be continuing on after the closure.

This week, a deck I've actually been carrying around with me for a while, but haven't used hardly at all - Karm Tarot. I am also continuing my study of the Sedona Vortex Tarot, as it is quite different and I haven't had the time to work all the way through the deck yet.

Trogon - Karma Tarot and Sedona Vortex Tarot
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #36
Citizen

Trogon 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Owl View Post
This thread could continue over at Obsydian's new forum. She has a Talking Tarot forum currently set up It is at https://www.littlefangtarot.com/forum/index.php

I think it would be sad if this thread doesn't continue somewhere.
This sounds like an excellent idea! I would also be very sad if my DotW discussions went away.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #37
Citizen

csmith0406 
Citizen

Oh, and my deck is - Tabula Mundi. I have the Dark Goddess tarot out too but really I am only reading with Tabula Mundi.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #38
Citizen

Carojulie 
Citizen

DaughterOfDany, CharlotteK, thank you for this info about FB, I did not know (I am not using my FB account that much). I am all for joining then if necessary, because I would really like to stay in touch and keep the game going. But I will need mentorship to help me because it is really important that it stays private and separate from my "public window" profile.... so if it ends up on FB, I will pester you to help me with the settings !
I admit a forum environment would feel more comfortable for me though.

AJ, thank you for sharing these thoughts.... I always like and learn from what you have to say and hope I will still get to read it.

GlassOwl, Csmith, Trogon, I am game for joining a new place. I am already a member on The Alternative Tarot Network and the Cartomancy Forum, but I will join whatever you all decide to join if it means being able to get on with DOTW. VG, what do you think ?

VG : THANK YOU SO MUCH for hosting the DOTW threads. I am going to miss the DOTW crowd SO MUCH. I understand what a dedication and how much work it means for you to keep this thread alive everyweek, and I want to tell you how grateful I am.

Friends, sorry, I am at a loss right now.... I have spent the last 24 hours dragging myself around the house, dejected and sad, and have not read a single card - only read threads and posts.
Well, that is not totally true : I actually pulled a card this morning regarding the fate of ATF, and guess what : I pulled the 3 of Swords (Bohemian Gothic). It made me so sad that I did not even dwelve on it nor dug into it deeper.

I am going to pull myself back together. Tarot is not going anywhere, and from what I read here, I am not the only one who does not want to go back to solitary tarot. So, there's hope !
Thank you all for keeping the game running, offering suggestions, other forums, FB, thank you for your energy and activity !

Hugs to you all.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #39
Citizen

CharlotteK 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carojulie View Post
DaughterOfDany, CharlotteK, thank you for this info about FB, I did not know (I am not using my FB account that much). I am all for joining then if necessary, because I would really like to stay in touch and keep the game going. But I will need mentorship to help me because it is really important that it stays private and separate from my "public window" profile.... so if it ends up on FB, I will pester you to help me with the settings !
I admit a forum environment would feel more comfortable for me though.

AJ, thank you for sharing these thoughts.... I always like and learn from what you have to say and hope I will still get to read it.

GlassOwl, Csmith, Trogon, I am game for joining a new place. I am already a member on The Alternative Tarot Network and the Cartomancy Forum, but I will join whatever you all decide to join if it means being able to get on with DOTW. VG, what do you think ?

VG : THANK YOU SO MUCH for hosting the DOTW threads. I am going to miss the DOTW crowd SO MUCH. I understand what a dedication and how much work it means for you to keep this thread alive everyweek, and I want to tell you how grateful I am.

Friends, sorry, I am at a loss right now.... I have spent the last 24 hours dragging myself around the house, dejected and sad, and have not read a single card - only read threads and posts.
Well, that is not totally true : I actually pulled a card this morning regarding the fate of ATF, and guess what : I pulled the 3 of Swords (Bohemian Gothic). It made me so sad that I did not even dwelve on it nor dug into it deeper.

I am going to pull myself back together. Tarot is not going anywhere, and from what I read here, I am not the only one who does not want to go back to solitary tarot. So, there's hope !
Thank you all for keeping the game running, offering suggestions, other forums, FB, thank you for your energy and activity !

Hugs to you all.
And hugs back again to you (((Carojulie))). A forum feels more comfortable for me too. I have registered with LittleFang's new forum so that seems like a great place to be as well at Cartomancy. Hope we can keep things going, I have always appreciated your posts and wisdom very much and I do not want to do solitary tarot, that would be depressing beyond words xx
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.