Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 309 : July 1 - July 7

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

Scarlet Woodland 
Citizen

Am on cartomancy and have just signed up over at littlefangtarot too I'll go wherever is decided (except facebook pleeeeease) as would miss our little clan enormously

I haven't really touched my decks today either but will get stuck in just as soon as I find my feet.

Edit: Will be keeping my eye on Luna's Crone's forum plans too as I really just want to end up where most of AT does.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #41
"and you can't make me..."

VGimlet 
"and you can't make me..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith0406 View Post
I like Little Fang forum, it has a familiar organization. I know we have a lot of members at cartomancy too, we could easily do a thread there. Maybe we could agree where we will continue?

VG do you want to keep up the thread somewhere else?
Yes, I'm completely willing to do it wherever, as long as the forum owners/keepers are okay with us and the "no rules" nature of the thread.

I'm thinking Facebook would be a last resort, because so many have issues with it.

edited to add - will keep an eye on Luna Crone's thread as well. We do have a little time to decide, which is good.

Like so many of us, this is truly my online "home". It's been a pleasure to keep this thread going. Started by NikkiB (hope she's doing well, where ever she is, taken over by Elendil.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #42
Resident

Luxa 
Resident

So happy you want to keep it going VG! Like everyone else, I'd miss it terribly.

You're right, we have over a week to work it out. No need to make a quick decision. I'm happy knowing that we all want to keep it up! :-)

As far as my deck goes, The Everyday Witch, I've looked through it once, haven't pulled any cards yet. This tower moment for us has been really distracting! Anyway, its such a fun deck. For that reason I thought about changing my deck choice to Anna K, which is more subdued in a way, even with the bright yellows, and would suit my mood better. But I've been wanting to work with it for about 3weeks now. My new decks have taken over.

So, Everyday Witch, what i want to say just now is that there is a witch and a black cat in almost every card, and the cats are so much fun, and sometimes point to something important in the meaning.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #43
Citizen

DaughterOfDanu 
Citizen

I'm in with the Linestrider and Oracle of the Unicorns.

I'm so confused with the different people making forums and such right now but feel we definitely need a plan B in case nothing comes of all the talk. I'm liking the idea of the cartomancy forum being that since it's already up, running, and active.

ETA: Checking out Littlefangtarot's forum I'm really liking what I see. Can we possibly set a decision date on when and where our Dotw Group will go? That way we don't get down to the final few hours and possibly wind up without a central hub to discuss our plans.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #44
Oversized hobbit

Morwenna 
Oversized hobbit

Totally changed my mind. Since this forum is going away, I'm going to devote the little time we have left to completing (or going as far as possible) my analysis of the Arcus Arcanum deck over in deck studies, for posterity.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #45
Citizen

Trogon 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfDanu View Post
Can we make a FB group for those who want to continue the DotW fun? I'd be more than happy to help out in creating it. That way we can continue our discussions and such. Maybe there can even be a "People of AT" group. I'm just trying to remain hopeful.

I'm really, really heartbroken over this. This group was the first thing that came to mind when I read the announcement.
I've been kind of moving away from FB lately. Too much garbage floating around. Though there are a few people I'll keep in touch with there ... but I don't think it'd be too great for DotW, the forum format seems to work spectacularly for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Owl View Post
This thread could continue over at Obsydian's new forum. She has a Talking Tarot forum currently set up It is at https://www.littlefangtarot.com/forum/index.php

I think it would be sad if this thread doesn't continue somewhere.
I second this. Obsydian/Little Fang has set up a nice forum there. I was able to keep the same name too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carojulie View Post
GlassOwl, Csmith, Trogon, I am game for joining a new place. I am already a member on The Alternative Tarot Network and the Cartomancy Forum, but I will join whatever you all decide to join if it means being able to get on with DOTW. VG, what do you think ?

VG : THANK YOU SO MUCH for hosting the DOTW threads. I am going to miss the DOTW crowd SO MUCH. I understand what a dedication and how much work it means for you to keep this thread alive everyweek, and I want to tell you how grateful I am.

Friends, sorry, I am at a loss right now.... I have spent the last 24 hours dragging myself around the house, dejected and sad, and have not read a single card - only read threads and posts.
Well, that is not totally true : I actually pulled a card this morning regarding the fate of ATF, and guess what : I pulled the 3 of Swords (Bohemian Gothic). It made me so sad that I did not even dwelve on it nor dug into it deeper.

I am going to pull myself back together. Tarot is not going anywhere, and from what I read here, I am not the only one who does not want to go back to solitary tarot. So, there's hope !
Thank you all for keeping the game running, offering suggestions, other forums, FB, thank you for your energy and activity !

Hugs to you all.
Hugs back (((((Carojulie))))). It's been a rough couple of days so far. Having VG post up another DotW thread for us helps quite a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGimlet View Post
Yes, I'm completely willing to do it wherever, as long as the forum owners/keepers are okay with us and the "no rules" nature of the thread.

I'm thinking Facebook would be a last resort, because so many have issues with it.

edited to add - will keep an eye on Luna Crone's thread as well. We do have a little time to decide, which is good.

Like so many of us, this is truly my online "home". It's been a pleasure to keep this thread going. Started by NikkiB (hope she's doing well, where ever she is, taken over by Elendil.
Hopefully one of the new forums will work well for us. I'm probably not going to be on Cartomancy much. I don't do Lenormand, or playing cards and there seems to not be very much about other Tarot things. Plus a technical glitch on my end is keeping me from posting anything but "quick replies". But, as you've pointed out, we have a couple of weeks yet ...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #46
Citizen

csmith0406 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfDanu View Post
Can we possibly set a decision date on when and where our Dotw Group will go? That way we don't get down to the final few hours and possibly wind up without a central hub to discuss our plans.
Would everyone agree to set the decision date July 10th, next Monday? That might give people who don't always pop in each week to chime in with a preference, but still leave some time for us to post where we are going.

Also, do we agree the two choices are Cartomancy and Little Fang? I am picking that up from reading the thread.

And of course if another forum comes up such as Luna's Crone we can move over there, but I'm thinking we want to pick one of the two existing forums so we can continue our practice without interruption.

What do you all think?

And to talk about my deck strangely I'm finding all the confusion on the forums is giving me more time and motivation to pull my daily cards. Maybe there is less incentive for me to browse decks and trading threads, so I am focusing on my beautiful TM deck.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #47
My friends :(

RavenOfSummer 
My friends :(

I am adding the Science Tarot to my decks this week!

Re the two existing forums...of the currently available options I really like Little Fang's Tarot Tea & Me. Cartomancy is also a very nice forum, but as others have said Little Fang's is more tarot-centric and to me just has a feel more similar to Aeclectic, which I really like. I love the color scheme and layout Obsydian/Little Fang has chosen as well.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #48
Oversized hobbit

Morwenna 
Oversized hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
Hugs back (((((Carojulie))))). It's been a rough couple of days so far. Having VG post up another DotW thread for us helps quite a lot.

Hopefully one of the new forums will work well for us. I'm probably not going to be on Cartomancy much. I don't do Lenormand, or playing cards and there seems to not be very much about other Tarot things. Plus a technical glitch on my end is keeping me from posting anything but "quick replies". But, as you've pointed out, we have a couple of weeks yet ...
Those "couple of weeks" will go by in a flash. We're down to 11 days already. I wish we'd had more lead time.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #49
Citizen

page of ghosts 
Citizen

The 10th works for me. Then we still have time to think about it and see what options we have, there could be more on the way, and we can make an announcement thread in Talking Tarot about where we're moving so anyone who is interested know where to find us.

I agree there is a lot going on with people joining new forums. I've joined a few myself, just so I know I have somewhere to go. I'm not sure where I'll end up to do most of my tarot-related internet things but I'll still hang out wherever we decide for Deck of the Week. So far I think the cartomancy forum is nice even if it DOES feel a little like I barged in on a quiet tea party, and I'm also on littlefangs site where I haven't posted yet. I like the look of that one too so it's also an option I'm on board with. Still feel like I wanna see where the majority of us go though.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #50

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.