CBD Tarot de Marseille - new Conver restoration

Le Fanu

Just ordered this, it looks lovely :).
Just received it, it is lovely! The cardstock is gorgeous; an excellently produced deck, much better than many mass produced ones. Lovely size, tactile, vibrant colours, discreet backs.

A beautiful restoration, and a deck that will be a pleasure to read and study from. I'm so glad I ordered this! I so nearly didn't see this thread!

Chiska

I have not been having any luck with getting a TdM that I like. I really like the colors on this one.

Is there enough of these decks available that I can have some time to ensure I have the funds, or do I need to move quickly?

Yves Le Marseillais

Life is numberless

Hey Yves, and other TdM lovers,

Since you like the colors, here's some more especially for you ;-)

4xConverbis.jpg

The connaisseurs will recognize the well-known and still available Lo Scarabeo - Thunder Bay Press - Héron fac-similes and the recent CBD Conver.

And here's a comparison with the 'famous' Jodo-Camoin. At first sight the colors reminded me a lot about the Jodo-Camoin. But there are differences. When you take a closer look you can also easily discover which elements Jodorowsky & Ph. Tourrasse added to the original Conver to make their Tarot :

BenDovJodosl.jpg

Enjoy,
Rafaël

Hi Raphael,

THe Lo Scarabeo (left one s) is based on a 1870 édition. Some détails shows this ... and history of Camoin house.
The next one is based on Bicentenarry edition (édited in 1968 if I remenber well). A non successfull attempt to print with old moulds. Plus wrong colors.
The BnF version (so third from left) is based on a Conver printed after 1805. Because name of cardprinter had to be put on cards by law. Wrong measures fac similé and colors not terrible.
CBD attempt is an artistic work with his quality and defaults.
I don't judge an artistic work (we all have different tastes isn't it ?).
To do a Fac similé is one thing;
To do an artistic interpretation is another thing.
Public will judge and all attemps need consideration and respect.
But..... nobody is perfect of course.

I bought Yoav edition and got it 4 days ago: added on my shelf Tarot Hall of Fame.

Salutations from The Factory

YLM

Yoav Ben-Dov

availability and price

I have not been having any luck with getting a TdM that I like. I really like the colors on this one.

Is there enough of these decks available that I can have some time to ensure I have the funds, or do I need to move quickly?

thank you (and the other participants) for the positive comments and feedback.

as for availability: i printed 2500 copies, which is enough for now. i am happy that the cards are well received as they are, it is important for me, but it is only one part of a bigger project. so i suppose (/hope) that the cards will be available even after the first edition is sold out.

as for money: i have been reading and teaching tarot for 32 years. i take it seriously. to make a living as a tarot professional is a priviledge, but also an obligation. one of my principles is never to be in a situation that someone wants/needs a teaching or a reading and has to give it up because he cannot afford the price. the same goes for the cards. i wrote it here already, i say it in the ordering page, i repeat it: if you are short of money right now, write me privately and i will give you a reduction as you need. if you have no money at all - i will send you the cards for free, including shipment. if you feel uneasy about it, no problem, one day when you have enough you will pay me the difference, or better still, give it as charity to someone in real need.

ok? am i clear enough? this holds for everybody.
http://www.bendov.info/tarot/buy.html

Chiska

Thanks for the answer - I just wasn't sure (or may have missed it in this post) how many were printed. It looks like a lovely deck and from descriptions, the card stock sounds really nice. le charior mentioned this deck in another thread (where I lament not knowing which TdM I might want).

emmsma

I received my copy yesterday. It is a lovely edition and has already replaced the Camoin in my purse to travel with me.

The colors are crisp and bright, the cardstock silky smooth. It shuffles like a dream.

It is reasonably priced and well worth every penny.

Thank you, Yoav, for this wonderful creation.

Richard

I just now ordered mine. It will probably replace the Grimaud as my favorite deck. Mr. Yoav Ben-Dov seems to be a wonderful person in many ways, and I wish him the best always.

Sulis

I've just got my deck and I'm really pleased with it. The colours are fresh and bright, the backs are classy and the cardstock is slick (a little slicker than I like but I'm sure it will wear in).. I'm going to make it a lovely velvet and silk bag and use it as my main TdM :).

Le Fanu

Isn't it lovely? So bright and cheerful and just the right size!

Alta

I am very pleased with it. I like everything: the way the images are rendered, the colours, the general tone and also the technical aspects like card stock and hand-feel.