Nicoletta Ceccoli - Eight of Swords

Hemera

Eight of Swords artwork is originally called "Lucy" and it's probably from Nicoletta Ceccoli’s illustration to a children's book by H.M. Bouwman. The book is called "The Remarkable & Very True Story of Lucy & Snowcap".

The card shows a small child who is protecting her toy bunny. The child wears a fluffy pink hat with soft bunny ears so she and her bunny look alike. Maybe the bunny is her Alter Ego, her totem or her soul animal? She looks afraid and very alert. Maybe she hears someone coming? She feels the need to protect her bunny at all costs. She also looks sad, abandoned and alone. Some RWS keywords for this card (by Joan Bunning) are Restriction, Confusion and Powerlessness and I think they all apply here.
Come to think of it..maybe she is not protecting the bunny. Maybe she is searching for support and protection from the bunny? In a reading it could probably be either way.
Her beautiful red shoes and her tightly pursed red lips make me think she may not be as helpless as she looks. I think she has a plan B for escape (or defence) if needed.

LWB:
Uncertainty and suspicion rob you of your independence, making you feel trapped or helpless. Get your facts straight and don’t be intimidated by mere shadows.
Key concepts: Restriction, paranoia, giving away your power.

Attachments

• Ceccoli Eight of Swords.jpg
    Ceccoli Eight of Swords.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 392