Faerie Tarot - Fave and Least Fave Card

Star-Willow

sunflowr said:
As for the Star.. she looks a bit solumn. Again , I don't mind. She looks peaceful. As she should be, in this context. Right? :) Just wish she looked a little happier. I'll just put it in my mind that she is the picture of peace.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisalee429/2767910632/

Thank you for posting this thread sunflowr :) I haven't had a chance to look at any pictures of this deck and as silly as it may seem, I will always choose a deck on the basis of what the Star card looks like, strange I know but the Star card is my favourite card and if it fills my heart with Hope then that deck will be mine :D

I think she is lovely and as you say, she does look a little solemn...... I do like it very much though..... this deck will definately be going on my wishlist :)

Alan Ross

Perhaps we can jump in and get this study group underway. How about starting with The Fool and just proceeding straight through? Any thoughts? I would be happy to start the thread.

Alan

Hemera

Sounds great, Alan!

(The mods must be notified, by the way.., just a PM their way once a new thread is started)

Hemera

Now I finally got this deck and I must say that it has exceeded my expectations.
It will be hard to name favourite cards as almost all of them could be my favourites.
But if I must, I´ll name the following: The Strength, The Empress, Judgement and Ten of Cups.
Then all of the Swords,of course, and all the Queens. Most of the Wands..etc.etc.:D

The least favourites are easier to name: The Hierophant looks like he has just been released from some asylum , and obviously too early,I might add.. The LWB says he is a "fairy pope"!! Come on!! Hello!!
The Fool looks a bit odd and the Devil is really yucky. But I can live with them because all the other cards are more or less perfect.

Hemera

If I ever manage to get my backup deck for this I know at least three things I will do:

1) I will add eyelashes to the Sun.

2) I will draw the eyes of the Hierophant again, so that he would hopefully look less insane.

3) I will draw eyes to the white horse in the Knight of Swords. It looks a bit odd with white eyes (or maybe they are meant to be closed?but they look odd..)

Dain

I got it yesterday, and I'm already in love with this deck!
Some decks are really telling an entire story of an entire world, many stories actually (that's what tarot does, anyway) and this deck has a heck of a story to tell.

There are so many cards I loved that it's difficult to choose only a few as favorites but the High Priestess (despite her similarities to Froud's Faerie Godmother) is one, the Star (I don't know why she seems unhappy though. Or is it sadness and compassion?) the Magician, 7 and 5 of Wands etc.
Least favorite card? Hmm, Ten of Wands, I guess. I don't care for the faeries in the image. Probably the Devil too. He looks more like an unruly imp than the imposing, frightening, and dark figure the Devil usualy is in other decks.

I also love the addition of so many animals in many cards. They add quite a lot to the card meanings, not to mention how much more "real" the deck, and the faeries, become because of them.

Hemera

Hi Dain,
Nice to see you here:)
You are so right, this deck has a heck of a story to tell! And I´m learning more every day. This deck is amazingly accurate in readings and I love the way it adds ideas to the traditional card meanings (like the Strength, for instance).

Quester

I have had the deck for a couple of weeks, but just got it out to really look at yesterday. I love the colors!! There are sooo many cards I like, but if I had to pick one it would be hmmm can't pick just one. I like most of the cards! The ones that I don't have as much of a connection to would be the Fool and Heirophant.

Hemera

Hi Quester:)
Hierophant is my least favourite as well..It is actually the only one in the deck I do not like.
I started to like the Fool a lot more after I read what Alan wrote about him in the Fool-thread below. I think I might also follow the Fool along the tree branches:)

Cerulean

Death to me is a title of..the Iceman cometh...

...a little cold and dreary.

I noticed the sweetness and delicate sadness of the Four of Cups. She looks at flowers spilt on the ground with regret. A wilted purple flower is slightly behind her.

I'm not fond of the colorful gnomes with the long noses, but their curious look is actually very apt for the deck. There's enough 'gothic' and subtle touches that make this a deck slightly shadowy...but enough brightness that I don't have to feel somber to get thoughtfulness in the images.

The ten of cups male fairy isn't quite to my taste...but I do like the images on the Lovers cards!

Overall, I like the variety, so even the cards I do not find the images 'perfect', I like the characters and humor and ideas of the cards overall.

Thanks for doing this study group!

Cerulean