Mystic Faerie Study ~ King of Pentacles

Skydancer

Can't decide, but I think I don't relate well to the King of Pentacles. He's just ... sitting there. Not conveying any message -- at least not to me. Not yet.

In a world of plenty, he is sitting quietly. Looking at the reader. As if asking ME what to do next. Why won't HE tell ME? Isn't that what he's there for?? To tell me something??

Maybe he is just quietly listening. Listening to me. I am in the mundane world, I am in the land of the living humans; maybe with his immense knowledge of all things material he is in no need to hurry. So - he is waiting for me to speak first.

What do I say to him? Do I ask him a question? If I listen silently, will he send my an insight into my question??

I'm thinking it all depends on that niggly little 'question;' is it life changing? Is it a yes/no ultimatum? Does he stand for somebody in my life, or a part of myself? And I aware of this part of myself?? Do I care?

Is he waiting for the next card to be set down? Maybe he wants to relate to that card. Maybe that's it. He's quietly waiting to see what I do next. Oh great; now I'm supposed to do something instead of him just telling me. What kind of a game does he think he's playing? What kind of game do I think I'm playing ...

So there he is - stoic, beautiful, alone ... at the ready ... ...

Hmmm ...

------------------------------
PS: if the kings seem young to us it could be because 1) we equate maturity on all levels with physical maturity, or because 2) the fae age differently than we do. Just a thought.

Hemera

Wow, this is really great! Thank you!

What you wrote here instantly brought me some 20 years back to the days I went to a therapist. Isn´t this exactly the kind of waiting and quiet listening that therapists do? They wait for you to say something and then they listen. And if you ask them a question they say: "well... what do *you* think?"
Most infuriating but ultimately the only way to heal is to find our own questions and our own answers..

I´ll have to take another look at this King...