Waite's Second Tarot Deck - Originals Discovered

Teheuti

Huge announcement - Tali Goodwin and Marcus Katz have discovered the original paintings by J.B. Trinick for Waite's second tarot deck (depicted in black & white reproductions in Decker and Dummett's A History of the Occult Tarot). They will be raising money soon in order to get out a color book of the paintings and of Waite's original commentary on these cards before Christmas.
Forgive me for posting a personal link, but there's lots more info and images here:
http://marygreer.wordpress.com/2011/09/17/waites-second-tarot-deck—an-incredible-discovery/

Alta

I am impressed. :bugeyed: Thanks for this Teheuti!

roppo

Really impressed! Can't waite (sorry for the inevitable typo:D) for the publication! And thank you very much for the head-up teheuti.

gregory

Bookmarking ! Fascinating.

jackdaw*

Amazing - what a find!

Le Fanu

Incredible news. Were there only ever 22 images?

Prepared to undergo a bit of a tarot reorientation once this deck and book come out.

Teheuti

There are also images for the sephiroth, although I don't know what is in the original collection. No Minors - to my knowledge.

kwaw

Great news - thank you for the info and links - and well done to Tali and Marcus!

Teheuti

Prepared to undergo a bit of a tarot reorientation once this deck and book come out.
It's actually tarot at a whole new level - the epitome of his "Secret Tradition" - which most people are not terribly interested in. I think that it won't change things a whole lot - although it would be a real tribute if it started a whole new phase of tarot history. I mean to inspire a revolution in tarot art and its conceptual framework twice, the second a hundred years after the first time !!! Wow!

Cerulean

I am glad you posted on this!

Thanks for posting this....nice to wake up this “E-discovered" news and sharing thread.

Congradulations / Delight on hearing the hugh news. The color versions posted are gorgeous. I wonder what exciting things we will enjoy finding when we begin receiving these...

It is #1 on my holiday wish list!

The color version sounds exciting. I saw a sample once on a Tarosophy posting on World Tarot Day.

I want to link and bookmark this thread post to an earlier one on a question with the associated makers, Trinke and Pippet....it is good to see questions will be answered soon...

All smiles,

Cerulean