looking for spreads

flipperjane

I would like to have a few tried and tested spreads to play with. I currently use the Celtic Cross which I like and enjoy.
What do people regularly ask about and what spreads do you use in response?

Chiriku

When I have read at events (parties or charity functions with stalls/booths), the most common question was NO question. In that common case, you need to be prepared with a "general" spread--in the 1-3 card range is good for quick-moving public events, but in my opinion, a sit-down reading where you have a good amount of time with the querent calls for a longer spread. I created a spread called the Customizable No-Question Spread for all occasions; you can find it by doing a Google search for that phrase and it will take you to the thread here on this forum.

As for specific questions, I have been composing my own spreads for years and prefer to make them up on the spot with the consultation of the querent (just need a paper and pen). This way, the spread is tailored to the querent's situation and answers their questions to satisfaction. To create a spread, all you need is a list of questions (preferably NOT "yes/no" ones) to which the Q wants answers. Those are your spread positions, and the cards you lay out become your answers.