cleansing - serious or silly?

Cleansing crystals - serious or woo-woo?

• Yes, I cleanse my crystals and I've noticed it's made a difference over time

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Yes, I cleanse my crystals, but I've not noticed any difference in how they work

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • No, I don't cleanse my crystals, or only irregularly, and have noticed a difference

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • No, I don't cleanse my crystals, or only irregularly, and haven't noticed any difference

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters

Tara2007

No, I've never done that type of cleansing. I do believe in blessing stones, artifacts, etc. at my altar but I don't actually do a cleansing of soaking. I have sprinkled salt around the altar or floor to clear away negativity though.

I think my blessings work well, especially when I ask a specific goddess or god to offer help or protection.

I believe in less ceremony and more inner reflection anyway. I think the acts may be lovely and meaningful, but it's what you're concentrating on that makes it, well, magickal.

Tara2007

Forgot to add....that when I find a stone somewhere or go looking for one outside my house I definitely would never clean it. I want the good earth still attached to it to keep the natural flow of energy.

Sophie

This is a very interesting thread - thanks for contributing, everyone! I notice that the poll is pretty evenly split, too.

Tara2007 said:
I believe in less ceremony and more inner reflection anyway. I think the acts may be lovely and meaningful, but it's what you're concentrating on that makes it, well, magickal.
What you just said, Tara, makes me wonder if the need for more or less ritual is the real reason for choosing to cleanse or not the stones - at least in a lot of people.

Having said all that, I have been reading more about lithotherapy since the time I opened this thread. One well-known French crystal therapist talks about purifying and charging the energies of the stones. He used water on those stones that can be wet, but in any case, he places his crystals on a large rock crystal druse (sorry, I don't know the English term - it's an uncut, natural bed of crystals). That in order to get the energies inherent in the stone we are working with as clear and strong as possible. It's less a ritual than routine maintenance, the way I understand it! But I am beginning to like ritual - as long as it remains meaningful, as Tara writes.

MCsea

Waves HI,
yes I have been reading - thank you everyone for so much thought and energy...

Id like to add here - cause I just added it on another thread -

I'm thinking naturally crystals are exposed to the elements, all the elements they grow change alter and evolve, disintegrate....

its sort of natural - change - all that so I think they need a little of 'it all' to help us.

Ok technically some of the crystals we obtain have been dug out of deep caves but essentially they were being 'born' anyway... even underground they have access to water radiation pressure and heat... its like living I suppose..

just wanted to say probably some crystals speak to some people for some reasons, some may want more change - cleaning - airing - love - others are happy to just be...

MARINA

Kimberly

I will cleanse my crystals when they feel they need it... but since I don't regularly use crystals, I don't regularly cleanse them!

I've tried taking crystals in the shower with me before, and for some reason it does work really well!

What you do is get a net bag, so the water can go through but the crystal(s) won't come out... put the crystals on the floor of the shower next to you, shower as usual. At the end of the shower, pick the crystals up and rinse them in the water if they have anything like suds on them etc. and take them out with you... pat them dry with your towel after you dry yourself off... It's like the crystals get energized with your energy! I don't know why it works, but it does work fantastically for me! At least, when I do it, it works (I don't do it very often, because like I said I don't use my crystals all that often).

I'd be interested to see if anyone else tries this, and if it works or not for them if/when they try it... ;) *cough*hint*hint*cough* :grin:

MCsea

kimmee - OHHHHHHHHHHHHH
says me NOW I know what my 4 year old son is DOING with his crystals in the bath/shower!!!
since he was allowed to have a small collection - of SAFE - non toxic and a good size manily crystals - amethyst quartz etc, every now and then he just takes it upon himself to bath with them... OK I looked at it as he needed like a bath elixer of THEM but you know it makes much more sense that he is 'cleaning' them....

He also puts crystals in the shower - on the floor - usually aquamarine/amatrine/adventurine (AAA he he he) and asks us to leave it there, a couple of days they had gone...

very interesting!

MARINA

sharpchick

I don't guess I've ever considered showering with them.

Kimberly

MCsea said:
kimmee - OHHHHHHHHHHHHH
says me NOW I know what my 4 year old son is DOING with his crystals in the bath/shower!!!
since he was allowed to have a small collection - of SAFE - non toxic and a good size manily crystals - amethyst quartz etc, every now and then he just takes it upon himself to bath with them... OK I looked at it as he needed like a bath elixer of THEM but you know it makes much more sense that he is 'cleaning' them....

He also puts crystals in the shower - on the floor - usually aquamarine/amatrine/adventurine (AAA he he he) and asks us to leave it there, a couple of days they had gone...

very interesting!

MARINA

Yeah, perhaps your son is trying to cleanse and energize the crystals with his and your family's energy! :) That's really neat that he does that at such a young age! :grin:

MCsea

kimmee,
yes my son is pretty amazing, a real 'crystal child' - as per Doreen Virtues book... and since this post we have been able to talk more about what he does and he said it is to help the crystals shine more, then they can help us shine.. thanks for your post Kimmee - we will be much more attuned to what he is up to now :)

MARINA

SuzanneMoon

I cleanse my crystals after i have used them for healing or after a reading.
I just have this thing of only using the moonlight and sometimes a little water. :) I did bury them once and i lost my Angelite cannot find it :( So unless i buy some litle sticks for markers no more burying for me lol