a dumb question...

star-lover

it just occurred to me what this card can also mean - having your own space and time and doing your own thing which can be a luxury - in that sense its solitary but not lonely as someone said before
:)

WalesWoman

I think there is much more to the 9 Pentacles than walled off, isolated solitude, tho' it's hard to get out of that mind set due to the picture on the card.

If you think about it, all the nines show a solitary figure.

Accomplishment, since 8 Pentacles is ususally honing and fine tuning your skills, ect, this one to me is self mastery, rising to the top. It's unique, one of a kind, sort of everything that has led you here, the culmination of all your experiences and acquistion along the way and the realization of your worth. In the Legends deck we talked about 9 Pentacles as being the card that represented sovreignity, being your own master, beholden to none. Self reliance, self sufficent, independant and secure in that. Since she often most often holds a falcon, there is nobility... that what has gotten her here comes from noble persuits, so there is also serenity and satisfaction from her endeavors and accomplishments. So while you may not see from the card what she had done, perhaps these things have benifitted others and gives her a sense of reward. She may not be able to get out and see exactly what needs done, but the bird with keen vision can fly back and forth to address those needs.

I was looking at this card last night from Druidcraft, that the fog behind the walls might mean we can't see the future, but finding strength, a calm, a sense of security where we are right now. Pentacles are like late winter/earlyspring too, and so that even while you may not see new growth, you can sense it. She is seperate, but yet very much a part of the whole tree of life... or an offshoot of it's branches.

I also think the pentacles on the wall are part of a legacy, making your mark, something that will endure and become part of the 10 Pents. Or when looking for a clue, that the writting is on the wall.