Empress as Advice?

.traveller.

Or action? Would this point to just being one's self? I have trouble thinking of the Empress as an active principle. Would this suggest inaction?

Help?

Sophie

It's mother's day - call your Mum ;)

The Empress is creative - the principle of feminine growth. She asks you to take an idea and nurture it, work on it, and make it grow until it thrives.

.traveller.

Actually, Mum is in the next room but it would be funny to buzz her on the cellphone :D .

"principle of feminine growth" I'll have to consider what that means to me.

Sophie

.traveller. said:
"principle of feminine growth" I'll have to consider what that means to me.
Go out in the garden and have a look ;)

firecatpickles

It means also to look at all the possible solutions to a problem.

Because there are three sides to every truth: mine, yours, and God's.

moon_shadow

I am a very beginner, but I wanted to put my two cents here.

When I see The Empress, I like to picture a flower garden and the Empress as all the things that the garden needs to grow beautiful flowers. For me, as an advice, "Don't smother" comes to my mind. Just enough helps the garden grow, but too much of something can ruin that balance for a healthy growth.

.traveller.

Hmm, well smothering isn't an option in this instance.

(.traveller. strolls outside to take a look) Well, the plants are maturing and blossoming, eggs have hatched and the baby birds are being fed by their parents. There are bugsies everywhere and it is quite hot out.

From this I could presume the following: do what comes naturally, everything has a time and place, gather energy for when it is my time to "bloom".

Am I getting closer?

.traveller.

kilts_knave said:
It means also to look at all the possible solutions to a problem.

Because there are three sides to every truth: mine, yours, and God's.

That is very deep and gives me food for thought.

wytchwood

The Empress sometimes means to nurture yourself, to be kinder to yourself and to express your feelings when it comes up as advice. I had this in a reading I did the other day. I suppose it depends on the context though.

Zoe

.traveller.

wytchwood said:
The Empress sometimes means to nurture yourself, to be kinder to yourself and to express your feelings when it comes up as advice. I had this in a reading I did the other day. I suppose it depends on the context though.

Zoe

Oh yeah, context has alot to do with it. For me, this has come up for a situation in which I feel quite helpless. Although, it is an interesting question whether, if given the opportunity to express my feelings, would I do so?

I keep looking at the yellow roses blooming outside of my window and trying to connect that with the Empress.