Rough draft of first card

Azarial

But if you are going to make 13 more cards for the cups, you need to rely on more then just water. Is it a tarot deck or a bunch of pretty seascapes? You may know what it means to you, but there is a universal visual aspect I believe you may be ignoring. Maybe change the name of the suit to the sea or something.

Actually I did change the name of the suit to the sea. But it's hardly fair to assume that every one of the remaining 13 cards is going to be just a picture of the sea just from seeing one card.

-Pamela

Moonboy

Good luck on your jouney friend :)

I look forward to your work

Eraserqueen

I find it neat how you are encouraging the reader to interpret more intuitively, and not just rely on representitive symbols. Is it an oracle/tarot hybrid? I'd love to see more cards. :)

Voron

I like the idea of the Sea as the ace of cups. And it's nice with the sunrise and everything But the picture looks a little...light. Pastel. The overal value (i.e. light-dark balance) seems to be a little on the light side. Don't be afraid to put some color in. Especially for a pre-dawn scene.

You might do a google image search for "sea" and "dawn" (or "sunrise") for inspiration. You can see good examples of light-dark balance that way.

Keep up the good work!

p.s. "pre-dawn" gives good results, too!

lionsdentamer

About the Ace of Cups

Even though you do not wish to use the traditional route of making a tarot card, still dig a little deeper and create symbolism within the picture that is meaningful to you. Perhaps, use a ship that is about to go out on a voyage. Since the Ace of Cups is at the beginning of a journey. It's important that the card speak and not just be seen.