The Illuminated Shadow Oracle

HighPriestess

I was browsing etsy and came across this deck. It looks a lot like the Earthbound Oracle but not as surreal.

The Happy Squirrel

Hm. Very much like the Earth Bound Oracle (from the maker of Wooden Tarot).

Scarlet Woodland

Yep, I thought pretty much the same when it appeared in my etsy suggestions.

Jessabelle

I just saw the other thread here about the Earthbound Oracle on Kickstarter. The decks could be identical. Which deck came out first?

witchofglass

I just saw the other thread here about the Earthbound Oracle on Kickstarter. The decks could be identical. Which deck came out first?

Earthbound. And this is clearly a knockoff. Compare the water, death, and wolf cards to the Earthbound Oracle's art here. Water especially is basically identical, just flipped! There's "similar style" and then there's "blatant ripping off."

I'm gonna bring this to their attention because I feel like this is getting into intellectual property dispute territory.

EDIT: Skullgarden has been made aware and is taking steps to handle the issue.

Jessabelle

Earthbound. And this is clearly a knockoff. Compare the water, death, and wolf cards to the Earthbound Oracle's art here. Water especially is basically identical, just flipped! There's "similar style" and then there's "blatant ripping off."

I'm gonna bring this to their attention because I feel like this is getting into intellectual property dispute territory.

EDIT: Skullgarden has been made aware and is taking steps to handle the issue.

Good work, witchofglass.