My Madhubani inspired Indian tarot deck

Aina

Madhubani tarot deck free print outs

This is Madhubani inspired tarot deck. It is extremely bright, tribal and may remind of Mayan art. The shapes are clear and round. It has loads of line work and is one of those "cartoonish" types.

I don't think this deck is for "everyone" but someone who wants something extremely different, they can try this deck. It reads easily but the images tend to jump out at you, similar to those of Morgan Greer's images. I mean the effect, not the style.

You can print out the cards yourself from my blog and you can crop them off their borders or make any size you like. The images going to be very visible even if the card size is tiny. You can use playing card backs for Madhubani tarot backs.

http://mytarotart.blogspot.in/2013/10/madhubani-tarot-cards-diy.html

AJ

Lovely start, and welcome to AT!

Your cards remind me of mesoamerican art, I like them very much

Aina

Nice to meet you and thanks! :)

HudsonGray

Welcome, nice to see you over here!

Tell us something about the deck.

Aina

Hi, nice to see you too :) I think I'm changing my mind about what I want to make. I was thinking of a mini deck or the standard size deck, black borders, cards illustrated in a primitive way. The cards are insanely colorful, but they follow the same color schemes like those in Rider Waite's deck. They are drawn after the original deck. I drew it because, I thought if I make it by my own hand, the cards will be better friends with me, like (they do it with) runes. But after seeing so many wonderful decks on the site, I feel like people might like something more "complicated", more refined, more calm.

Debra

These are really interesting, Aina. I like the geometric look, I like the coloring, I like everything about them, I like that you cut the paper and drew them, AND I love that you started the project to help you learn more about tarot!

HudsonGray

Aina, take a look at the Stick Figure Tarot - it isn't refined or complicated, and it's a lot of fun to use.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/stick-figure/

People like to see a range of art in decks, not everyone wants the highly detailed professional look. There's a use for all styles. And most readers get more than one deck to work with. They like what they like.

MoonGypsy

Namaste, Aina! And welcome to AT!

i have a very special love for East Indian Art, so it is always a great treat for me, when a deck based on any type of Indian Art--Mythology and/or Spirituality is created. i really love your illustrations thus far...and look forward to following its growth. i personally find the style you are using both refreshing and quite charming...

Om Shanti,
MoonGypsy xox

Aina

Thanks for having a look!!! Do you like them with those black borders like in the first picture of the post (the "final" look) or do you like them with those red borders with my handwriting (some illustrations bellow). I personally like the black look, looks neater.

Aina

Aina, take a look at the Stick Figure Tarot - it isn't refined or complicated, and it's a lot of fun to use.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/stick-figure/

People like to see a range of art in decks, not everyone wants the highly detailed professional look. There's a use for all styles. And most readers get more than one deck to work with. They like what they like.

Yes, I've seen it and I've seen the white rat and the rabbit and the ferret one. I loved them all!! Lol at the death and those queen's of wands throne lions and the cat!! :) Very heart warming and a good change in the grim tradition of ancient, classical, medieval and "not funny cartoon" tarot :)