Natalie Rose Lenormand

seven stars

I just finished most of the cards, & tomorrow I'll work on the back, which shouldn't take long. I thought some people might want to see. I did this with 3 versions: One is borderless, with nothing but the image. The second has a border & the image, & the third version has borders & numbers & inserts (everything, lol). (I'll post pricing when I finish).

This is a deck I've been working on with my daughter. She took most of the photos, most of them from California where she's going to school - I told her I'd do this deck with her to help her raise money (she's a student at the San Francisco Art Institute). It's been a lot of fun working with her & I'm hoping to do some more with her in the future.

What do you think?

Attachments

• NRL.jpg
    NRL.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 505
  • Borderless.jpg
    Borderless.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 387
  • NRL with inserts.jpg
    NRL with inserts.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 438

MoonGypsy

Absolutely Stunning, my dear! :thumbsup:

My two faves are the one with inserts and the borderless...
And of course, there MUST [eventually] be a mini, too...:p
What a wonderful Mother/Daughter collaboration!

i predict another hit! :D Peeps are going to LOVE this deck!

seven stars

Absolutely Stunning, my dear! :thumbsup:

My two faves are the one with inserts and the borderless...
And of course, there MUST be a mini, too...:p
What a wonderful Mother/Daughter collaboration!

Thank you MG - the main thing I like about the ones with the borders is that I really aged them up a lot & made a lot of age spots & creases & tears that don't show up as much in the borderless. They're all different, no template.

I think I want to do that to one standard back for the deck as well - age each card individually so that the backs "match" but they all have a little different aging on them (a spot here, a stain there, etc.)

I know people kept telling me I should number them all - I want to tell you the problem with that. For one thing, from what I've been able to tell from reading with the cards, the actual numbers don't make any difference. The advantage to NOT having numbers is that you can ADD cards. In the non-numbered decks I did here, for example, I have 3 children - a girl, a boy, and a baby. I think I also want to include an old man, and an old woman. If people want to include this whole family, great, but they don't have to. They can choose the most appropriate cards & keep those in the deck. If I numbered these they'd be out of sequence somehow.

I don't think I need to put definitions for the new people in the deck, I think people pretty much will know what to do with them, but I will probably also include a few extra cards with additional pictures (like, I still think if there's a dog there should be a cat) & I'll go ahead & include definitions for those cards but really people would do well to make up their own meanings. Maybe if someone has better meanings than the ones I come up with they'll let me know & I can change it.

Attachments

• THREE VERSIONS.jpg
    THREE VERSIONS.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 326

Chronata

That is a beautiful deck. The colors are very inviting and homey and vintage looking.
The images really sucked me in! Well done!

I like the ones with the borders(without the inserts) the best!

seven stars

New development. This is going to be a winter solstice edition so I'm doing some changes.....more VERY soon.

MoonGypsy

New development. This is going to be a winter solstice edition so I'm doing some changes.....more VERY soon.

Since i am a Winter born baby, that sounds very exciting to me! :D

seven stars

Well give me till tomorrow & I'll have something that people can get in time for christmas.

greatdane

This is GREAT!

ATers often talk about seasonal decks. How perfect to have a wintry themed Lenormand? I think of reading in front of the fireplace, maybe a glass of wine, and wonderful winter themes....Perfect for when you want to just get away from the hustle and bustle of the holidays and just relax. Can't wait to see how you've WINTERIZED this deck!

magpie9

OOooooo Nice! Love the borderless!Also really liking the lack of numbers and the extra cards you mentioned.

seven stars

KK I think it's readyyyyyyyyy...........have to get graphics to show you guys......

So, what I'm going to do is put this out as the Natalie Rose Winter Solstice Lenormand, it is a first edition of the Natalie Rose, & will be limited to 100 decks. I'm not numbering each of the card backs with this one because Natalie may end up helping me & I don't want her to mess with that part. All the cards & the backs are ready. It will come in poker & mini size & you can get it with numbers or without numbers. This particular edition won't have inserts. There will be one standard card back for this deck.

Sorry - little brain dead & bleary eyed - have been editing cards for three solid days & nights. I'll get all the wording for ads & pricing & all that tomorrow - I can't even think right now but I really wanted you to see it.

Attachments

• NRL Winter Solstice with and without borders.jpg
    NRL Winter Solstice with and without borders.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 385
  • Natalie Rose Winter Solstice Lenormand.jpg
    Natalie Rose Winter Solstice Lenormand.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 370
  • Card backs.jpg
    Card backs.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 283