2 Grand Quintiles in October, 2004

starsongs

There are 2 grand quintiles this month. (5 planets (or more) in aspect forming a 5-pointed star) One already took place on October 1st. The second takes place on October 28th, in conjunction with a lunar eclipse in Taurus...

Its a very powerful period of time...

interesting reading on the links below..enjoy!

starsongs

http://www.astrologycom.com/grandquintile1.html

http://www.noeltyl.com/cgibin/index.cgi?read=57868

http://www.chiron-communications.com/communique 9-6.html

http://www.grandquintiles.co.uk/

http://thestarcenter.org/Info_Center/faces_of_goddess.html

WalesWoman

these were great sites and great reads by the way, just wondering now that they have passed, what kinds of experiences and changes people have noticed? I'm sort of waiting until after the election, it's been so interesting talking to people who aren't into Tarot or astrology and getting their takes on events, confusion, things that seem to be changing or need to change, it all seems to be going right along with these celestial occurances. For me it seems to be a lot of resollution of conflicts, renewed communication and coming to some great understanding of things I'd avoided, as well as, this week, as opposed to last week, less mechanical snafus and glitches, breakdowns, etc. Thing are running more smoothly, tempers are more even, things are just calming themselves right down.

starsongs

WalesWoman said:
these were great sites and great reads by the way, just wondering now that they have passed, what kinds of experiences and changes people have noticed? I'm sort of waiting until after the election, it's been so interesting talking to people who aren't into Tarot or astrology and getting their takes on events, confusion, things that seem to be changing or need to change, it all seems to be going right along with these celestial occurances. For me it seems to be a lot of resollution of conflicts, renewed communication and coming to some great understanding of things I'd avoided, as well as, this week, as opposed to last week, less mechanical snafus and glitches, breakdowns, etc. Thing are running more smoothly, tempers are more even, things are just calming themselves right down.

WalesWoman,

So glad you enjoyed the sites and articles. :D I really did too!

Like you, I'm waiting to see what else unfolds. Its all interesting to think about in the light of the Hierophant, Temperance, and all of the 5's in the Tarot deck too; find it interesting that the eclipse takes place in Taurus (Hierophant), and the Moon is in Taurus in both grand quintiles. The moon is exalted in Taurus. In the first, the moon in one of the "foot" points. In the second, it is the top or "head" point of the five pointed star.

To me, this is in line with your comment about resolution of conflicts and renewed communication. I have experienced the same, but I think there would be many levels of experience within all of this..and intend to reflect upon it alot more.

Perhaps it points to (and plants some seeds for) movement toward more thoughtful and harmonious action in the future. In the second grand quintile, Venus is at 29 degrees Virgo (not a part of the quintile) widely conjunct Jupiter (a foot of the star) in Libra. In the first quintile, Mars and Mercury in Libra form the top or head point. The Moon (in esoteric astrology) rules Virgo on a Soul level. Saturn rules Libra hierarchically, and Uranus rules Libra at a Soul level.

Venus is very connected through her June 8th transit and as rulers of Taurus and Libra on the personality level, thus dispositor of the Moon, NN, Mars, Mercury and Jupiter throughout phases of this process. In the second Quintile we find her at 29 + degrees Virgo

Saturn, Moon, Uranus and Pluto are all points in both quintiles. It seems to strongly suggest radical transformation of past and existing structures personally and collectively; within and without. (Pluto, dispositor of the SN and Sun in Scorpio on Oct 28th, and SN in Scorpio on Oct 1; Pluto also rules Pisces on soul and hierarchical levels, so Pluto here is also Soul and hierarchical dispositor of Uranus in Pisces)

Whenever such radical transformation is put into motion, harmony will not come without some conflict. This fits with the 5 vibration. It seems important to keep sights set upon the bigger picture and our personal role within it.

The Sabian Symbol for 6 Taurus in Astrological Mandala by Dane Rudyhar (5 Taurus 02 degree of eclipse read as 6) says:

SECOND LEVEL: EMOTIONAL-CULTURAL
PHASE 36 (TAURUS 6'): CANTILEVER BRIDGE ACROSS A
DEEP GORGE.

KEYNOTE: The conquest of separativeness through group
cooperation.

The person who has suffered deprivation and loneliness can give new substance to his or her emotional life by participating in a collective project. All great evolutionary challenges imply the overcoming of basic difficulties. A step ahead must be taken, yet an abyss confronts evolving man. It is no longer a personal Void-an "open grave"-but a chasm that is an integral part of the "land" upon which man's evolution must proceed. A link must be built through the power of the collective mind of the group or of the community at large, on the basis of the legacy of the past, to make a bridge over the canyon.

This is the first stage of the eighth five-fold process of "Substantiation." The man-made bridge built with collective skill gives substance to and demonstrates man's capacity to CONQUER OBSTACLES and to achieve evolutionary continuity as well as expansion in space.

Sabian Symbol for Venus at 29 + Virgo, read as 30 degrees, and including text for the 29th degree as well for the sake of continuity)

PHASE 180 (VIRGO 30): TOTALLY INTENT UPON COMPLETING AN IMMEDIATE TASK, A MAN IS DEAF TO ANY ALLUREMENT.

KEYNOTE: The total concentration required for reaching any spiritual goal.

This is the final symbol of the first half of the cycle. In the year cycle the fall equinox is now at hand; autumn begins. Through spring and summer many ways and byways have been experienced. The last message of this hemicycle of "Individualization" is that on all decisive occasions what must be done has to be done so intently that no outer voices can penetrate the mind, still less the soul. The neophyte stands at the gates of the sacred Pyramid. There is only one step he can take-ahead, or he is lost.

This is the culminating step, the decision that results from a myriad of small choices. Still a shadow of hesitation can remain. Attention may be distracted from the Now by a voice from the past, glamorizing some old memory. The outer doors of perception and thought must be closed, so the soul can complete its CONQUEST OF ILLUSION.

PHASE 179 (VIRGO 29): A SEEKER AFfER OCCULT KNOWLEDGE IS READING AN ANCIENT SCROLL WHICH ILLUMINES HIS MIND.

KEYNOTE: After a crisis one should seek to realign the , renewed consciousness with the primordial Revelation of the Truth of Man.

Any revolutionary movement, once it has succeeded in overcoming the inertia of the past and in toppling obsolete structures, needs to tap the most essential realities of what Man represents and signifies in the universal Order; or else it merely re-embodies in a superficially altered manner the very things it
has destroyed. This is the crucial moment. In occultism the "Pattern of Man" is an archetypal Power that may be contacted. It must be sought with undeviating determination. After each revolutionary crisis this Pattern and this Power can be contacted-always the same, yet at each new cycle perceivable in a different light.

This fourth stage symbol presents us with the technique required to "reach the other shore." But each individual, and each group or racial unit, must come in its own way to the ROOT KNOWLEDGE which provides the only safe foundation for rebirth.

The eclipse was a really personal one for me, exactly conjunct (i find within 4 degrees most relevant) both my natal (7 Taurus 06) and progressed ( 8 Taurus) moons, in the impersonal 12th house (aries on the cusp). I have been feeling the energy of emotional transformation for a long time leading up to the 2 grand quintiles, and a need to change some deeply ingrained patternings from the past. The dynamic has been more conscious for quite some time, but the energy of these quintiles has proven to be more of an impetus to act upon the understanding. Adding here that Veunus rules my SN configuration in Libra too and is in Aquarius conjunct the Capricorn MC. It was definitely time. Haha

It has been interesting to speak with people about how the eclipse effected them personally and to look at where it occurred in their chart. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and observations. :)

I look forward to hearing any further thoughts and experiences you have and those of anyone else who has interest in the energy of these quintiles and what they might represent personally and collectively...

**edited to add: It might be interesting to view these quintiles in the light of all of the tarot archetypes; the signs and especially planets they might represent. Going to try it later. Also focusing on Death, the Emperor and the 4's along with Hierophant, Temperance and 5's for the Scorpio side of the polarity**

Blessings,
Starsongs