i need help concerning a spread...

mayeessa

Hello,

...an acquaintance of mine has asked me to do a particular reading for her.
She wants to know what her relationship was in her past life in correlation to her eldest son. She wants to know what their relationship was and what he needs from her in this current life.
My problem...finding a spread that covers this issue.
I know, i can try to create one or perhaps modify an existing one, although i was still wondering if anyone has some information to offer me.
Mayeessa

cormac

hi :)

I can't find the thread i got this one from but this one looks as if you do a bit of 'tinkering' with the questions that it can suit your purposes :)

and welcome to AT too :) -- nice to see you

Past Life Spread Created by Aurora
posted by Moongold @ Aeclectic

-----8----9
---5---6----7
1----2---3----4

1) Who was I in my past (previous) life?
2) Childhood and teenage stages from my previous life.
3) Most relevant lesson from my previous life.
4) Related manifestations of the lessons of that previous life.
5) Who am I in my present life?
6) Strongest bonds with my previous life.
7) Manifestations of those bonds in my present life.
8) Present life's tasks.
9) Maximum spiritual development in my present life.
10) What awaits me in my next incarnation/ life?

- Positions 1,2,3, and 4 are related to the previous life - Positions 5,6 and 7 are related to the present life and the strongest bonds between this present and the previous life. - Positions 8 and 9 relate to your 'present life's tasks and spiritual development. - Position 10 is related to next life's characteristics.

okieinalaska

You can always make your own spread if the quesitons you want specifically answered aren't addressed. I have had good luck with this recently -just be sure to write it down so you don't forget what was what. : )

Amy

autumn star

this could be useful .....

Hi :)

There is a spread that I have used before that may be useful in your situation ... It was created by lilith, here at the forum .. you can find it in the spreads index ...

It is called " The Karmic Relationship Spread " and I have used it with the Arthurian Legend Tarot, which harmonized wonderfully.

Here we go:

--11--

--9-- --10--

--5-- --7-- --8-- --6--

--2-- --4-- --3--

--1--

1. The Karmic Meaning of the Relationship
2. Your Karmic Inheritance
3. Your Partner`s Karmic Inheritance
4. The Past of this Relationship
5. Your Present Burden/Hopes/Fears
6. Your Partner´s Present Burden/Hopes/Fears
7. What your Partner means to You
8. What you mean to your Partner
9. What you can do for the Relationship
10. What your Partner can do for the Relationship
11. Your Karmic Future Together

Just change the words around from Partner, to Son ... I thought it could be useful for determining Karma and past life influences and so on ...

Anyway ... hope that helps ..

Good luck finding a spread ... and if you don't find one particularly suited to your needs then like okieinalaska mentioned ... you could always make one up yourself,

autumn star :)

lunalafey

There is a spread that can show consecutive life times together.
I use this spread and then take the card that represents it, and then do a second spread with another deck to get into the details.
Mooncat2 has a wonderful spread to accompany the spread I'm going to explain.

First, remove the Fool from the deck, shuffle as you do and draw 9 cards, not looking at them. Put the Fool in with the rest and mix them up.
Now you will place 3 rows of 3 cards. in turning over the cards, when the Fool appears, place another card on top of him. All cards that are above and behind (left of) the Fool are lives that two people have lived together.
Example:
-QnSw--AceC--5'Wd-
--XV---PgSw---2'P--
-O/KgC-7'Wd--QnP--

O/KgC Fool with King over top
The King of Cups was the lifetime before this life time.
The go back further in time -> 2 of Pentacles, Page of Swords, Devil, 5 of Wands, Ave of Cups and Queen of Swords.

Someone mentioned to me that it is like the Churchyard spread, so if you are familiar with that....

Mooncat's spread looks like this: (for me anyway)
xxx-3-xxx
xx-1-2-xx
x-4-5-6-x
xxx-7-xxx

1. who was person A
2. who was person B
3. Energy of the relationship

4-5-6 tells the story of the life and relationship

7. enlightener card (optional)

mayeessa

further inquiry on the matter

thank you all for the info, i think i got the basis for what i need.

To: lunalafey
ps yes i know the churchyard spread, although the one i am familiar with has 13 cards but is not suited for what i want, i don't think. it is a question/verification spread. Thanks for your help and response either way.
Mayeessa :)
ps what do you all think about male/female in this particular type of reading?
I was going to use the major arcana only, any suggestions?