Planet Series: JUPITER in relationship to Saturn

dadsnook2000

For star-lover

Your Jupiter is in the Prophet phase as it is way, way ahead of Saturn, almost having caught up with Saturn. Dave

huredriel

dadsnook2000 said:
JUPITER ahead of SATURN; 90 to 135 degrees. This ACTIVIST phase is often marked by over commitment, being in a rush such that you ignore commonsense approachs to issues. Here, you tend to grab onto promises of better things, better practices, forgetting the Worker Phase tasks of taking the time to re-learn what you need to face the world. This is an impatient phase. Rushing does cause problems.
Well re-reading this and then what I've put earlier, I don't think I quite *got* it ..... btw, always been impatient and rushed everything Dave :D

star-lover

thanks dave :)

JUPITER ahead of SATURN; 315 to 360/0 degrees. The PROPHET phase may express itself a little differently with these two planets than with the other pairs we have studied. Here we experience "fail, fail, gain, originate" types of events and developments. Its like what we did and achieved unravels and comes apart, doesn't last as long or work as well. We try, we do, we prove we did it, we find that it doesn't matter too much to anyone else. Perhaps we find that we can better support someone else, that we can't any longer be the front man. This is the phase where the former executive becomes a consultant, a behind the scenes person.
-------------------------

my life has been cycles of success, beating the odds, winning, happiness and then right round to depression, rock bottom, giving up, my friends and family saying what the hell has happened to you???? - then couple years later all turns round again
i guess this is true for a lot of people but i feel i have succeeded in something then it all goes to pot and i never follow through and continue with it - case in point - i put myself through the open university whilest holding down a full time stressful job - i passed with flying colours and learnt alot - however i never did anything with it in the real world apart from just share what i had learnt where i could - i never made a proper career for myself in the real world - however my fears have been proved wrong because i have always been too ambitious for the best and worried/got myself down that i didnt *quite make it* whereas in fact i have put to use whatever i learnt in many different ways - so having a *career* and making lots of *money* has not happened but im hoping its happened in other less tangible ways - always never knew if i was a success or failure in life - its always a battle between the 2 - guess its also accentuated cos both planets are in their element jup in sag and sat in cap

got 2 failed crap marriages to boot

my personal self tells me i havent done too bad in my life cos ive always been a trier but in societys/families eyes sometimes i always feel kind of inferior if that makes sense
so now i dont care any more lol - just please myself but watch it case i overstep the mark

ramble over

x:)

dadsnook2000

For star-lover

It seems that you epitomize some of the phase relationships perfectly. How does it feel to be a living textbook? Oh, my, I know it isn't funny sometimes as we all have those segments of our lives where we have to struggle and often don't win our share of battles.

But it is amazing that we can tell so much about ourselves, astrologically, when no actual aspect is involved. This why so much of my astrological practice is built upon the use of cycles rather than static chart patterns. We are all creatures involved in the process of "becoming" and of "developing" and of "growing" and "changing." These are words asociated with cycles. Aspects, in my mind, are associated with words like "this means" and "you are" and "you will" types of expressions. Thinking in those terms changes the way we think about and use astrology. Dave

star-lover

lol thanks dave
i dont mind being an open textbook
i think your series has shown that the cycle interpretations go much much deeper and are more widly encompassing of life path/experience/lessons to be learnt than the cookbook reading aspects - which though i still find relevant and interesting but are kind of dislocated way of seeing a bigger pattern - the aspects are true on their own but can never be taken at face value cos they are all knitted together in many ways and mutated- like a yellow brick road loli guess the natal aspects are really just aspects of our core personalities which never change - but transits and cycles show bigger life patterns and experiences

M-Press

Hi there!

I sit here and read through these great threads (Thank you Dadsnook and all of you for making this happen!!!) and feel so sorry I could not be a part of it at all in the last few months... ! It was either being super busy with my book, and then my wedding! (We got married 3 weeks ago--after I finally came to my Jupiter return at 35!)

I would love to participate, although the recents changes in my life (husband+new apartment+new job) still have not reached any kind of a routine... and I'm still struggling with time and what I can fit in a day!

Nevertheless, I'd love to be around..:)

Now, from what I see here, I think I'm in the Seeker's phase?
My Jupiter and Sarurn and conjunct, Saturn sitting on my ASC, 18 Taurus, and Jupiter sitting on my Sun, 19 Scorpio. So since Jupiter is ahead, I guess they are apart a bit over 180?

Now, I'm not 100% sure what to add to the interpretation... I liked the descritption on up-close-and -personal with life, I'm just not sure how to interpret this yet, or maybe I'm just out of practice???????
oh, how I have missed the stars..;-)

ps: will try to add my star info at the right place...

dadsnook2000

Hello M-Press

Good to hear from you again. I think you are living your Saturn opposite Jupiter phase quite well, taking on both responsibilities and exapanding life experiences all together. As for me, I'm still looking for that clock with 28 hours on it -- I just feel that having that extra four hours a day would be a big help.

I'll be visiting Italy this summer -- Naples, Rome, Venice, Sicily, Pompeii, Florence, Pisa -- a sort of whirlwind tour. We are looking forward to it. As you can see, we of the astrological persuasian have been quite busy here. Join us when and as you can. And, congratulations. Dave

dadsnook2000

For huredriel

Relative to your IM asking for some feedback on your post . . .

You are indeed in the ACTIVIST Phase in both your natal and progressed chart.

H: Saturn gives the anchor, the daily life ..... the lessons which will play out over a long period ... Jupiter ahead brings in the general development overall ...... possibly bringing in *big* lessons or experiences, that Saturn will have to interpret, learn from and then embrace in order to grow as a result?

Comment: This is generally true. However I have found in the Saturn-Jupiter phase relationships that the rules tend to shift slightly from the meanings of the inner planet phase relationships. Jupiter commits itself, willy-nilly, to the actions it initiates, the causes it supports, the things it seeks. After all, the big guy is exhuberant, isn't he? Will Saturn willingly follow along those sorts of paths. I suspect Saturn will try to gain tit-for-tat at best, or really delay support at worst. Jupiter may end up "running in place" and not making too much headway or actually providing support for what it promised. This will be a true "square" struggle to find compromise -- not balance -- but just a way to make things work.

H: Progressed chart wise however ........ Saturn is at 23-33 (retrograde) Aries, but House 5 and Jupiter is at 20-04 Virgo House 9 ..... which I find interesting because of the closeness in the degrees to the natal planets but also the fact that they are both in the houses behind the natal ones!!! Anyways, this would be Jupiter ahead by 117 degrees, still in ACTIVIST PHASE. Apart from the houses, only a difference of 10 degrees from the day I was born. I'm wondering if there is any relevance to that?

REPLY: Isn't this interesting. The regression of house positions is due to the MC progressing ahead at a rate that is faster than the motions of Saturn and Jupiter in the weeks following your birth. Interpretively, this would suggest that both planets can learn from their past -- giving Saturn, perhaps, the larger influence over its partner, Jupiter. Saturn might have to consider applying lessons from the creative processes (have a plan but recognize that flexiblity and diversion to new paths may inspire improvements in the original plan) while Jupiter has to be a bit more philosophical about what it seeks and can do (its not just all about "me."). NOTE: I have just launched a new thread in the Planet Series about Jupiter in the Houses.

All in all, I would say that you have grasped the essential meaning of these two heavy weights and how they might work for you. Now, can you directly relate what we have both said, or what you said, to your life's experiences to date? Understanding this works best when we can personally relate it to ourselves or those we know. Dave

huredriel

Thanks so much for looking at this Dave, really appreciate it. Will be back after I've let your comments sink in :)

x Huredriel