What's this crystal?

sedgeez

I did think milky quartz at first but the book I have for identifying says that they aren't clear, but solid white. That's why I got confused :( this is quite clear, especially in the light.

EmpressSha

I did think milky quartz at first but the book I have for identifying says that they aren't clear, but solid white. That's why I got confused :( this is quite clear, especially in the light.

Hmm yes they do seem pretty solidly white (or most anyway)

Perhaps phantom quartz? Check out this picture it looks a little bit like yours from what I can see...
http://www.shop.saimport.com/images/12-15-11 016.jpg

Pam O

Can moonstone be white? The only moonstone I've ever had was a peach colour.

Sorry if I sound stupid, I'm still quite new to crystals :)

It is all good. And silly you, you are not allowed to be thinking you "sound stupid" here. AT is a learning forum, remember!? :) (Note: If you think things like that to yourself, you give away your power. Does that make any sense to you?)

Yes, moonstone is comes in white, peach and grey. I have white moonstone beads I can see if i can find and do a photo of. I may even have a white tumbled moonstone? I can't remember. I will look in a bit. I don't remember if they have a clearish characteristic or not.

Is there any kind of flash when you turn the stone? Occasionally moonstone will flash but not always. (Do you have any laboradrite with the blue flash? Moonstone can be extremely subtle of a flash, but the flash is not always there.)

Pam O

Could be quartz? What sort of feel in the way of smooth or smooth and waxy? How about a sunlight picture of it? Camera instead of cell phone?

And if you have a regular camera, it usually has a setting to take closeups that is an icon of a flower. Do you know what I am referring to! Sunlight and no flash would be great! ;)
(The black background is good to help us see contrast.)

Shaymus

In Judy Hall's "The Crystal Bible", she has on page 258 a picture of selenite that looks quite similar.

Shaymus

Starri Knytes

Looks like milky quartz.

peluche399

I'm almost positive it's quartz. Quartz crystal can often be partly "milky" as yours is at the bottom. Yes milky quartz is fully opaque but a crystal often has both crystalline and milky parts.

linnie

Quartz, with fractures or inclusions that create less clear bits...?