The Fairy Tale Tarot (Hello from Lisa Hunt)

GryffinSong

Hello, and welcome aboard!!! I love seeing your sketches, and am glad you decided to join, and to share your process on your blog. :D I had another deck based on fairy tales, and was disappointed in the quality of the artwork. I eagerly await this one, as your work is gorgeous! :)

Moonson

Have just seen the new aditions on your blog!
It's great to see the progress throught the sketches to the final drawing.

I really love the detail of windows, the faces and the stairs of the castle in the The Fisherman and his Wife (Eight of Cups).
And really like the 2 mouses and the tree (love your trees! :) ) on City Mouse, Country Mouse (Two of Wands). It remindes me of a Childs Tale i read when i was young... but, can't remember the title! :( When you have some time, can you please tell what inspired you to draw this card?

Erzebet

Moonson said:
on City Mouse, Country Mouse (Two of Wands). It remindes me of a Childs Tale i read when i was young... but, can't remember the title! :( When you have some time, can you please tell what inspired you to draw this card?

Wouldn't the name of the story be "City Mouse, Country Mouse "? :laugh: It's a very old Aesop fable. I'm sure there have been a few childerens books on it over the years.

Moonson

well... no... i guess not...
The part i remember talks about a pour lady mouse who spends her life all alone always cleaning her house...
And it's the first time i see that name: Aesop. :)

Mariana

I haven't bought new decks for a while, as I felt I have everything I need - until I heard about a new fairytale deck being in the works. I'd probably buy any fairytale deck, as few themes are deeper, when done well. (The Magic Realist Press Fairytale deck is one of my all-time favourites.) And any new fairytale deck offers a fresh take, new matches and interpretations, the creative use of very old and familiar material that resonates deeply. So there is always room for another fairytale deck.
But now that I've seen the pictures on your website, I have to add that I'm in love with the art as well. It's incredibly gentle and at the same time earthly. Your other decks have never struck me as much - maybe also because the themes seemed more vague. But this one is going to be the highlight of 2009 for me. Your love of the theme radiates from the pictures. I'm impressed.

LisaHuntArt

Many inspiring, illustrative versions of Country Mouse, City Mouse have been released over the years. The timeless message still resonates and makes for good storytelling. I have at least three children's book renditions including Lisbeth Zwerger, Heidi Holder and Jan Brett. My image is different in that my landscape is alive with amorphous beings (you know I can't resist the personification of nature!). Their visual inclusions are part of the emotional delivery! Also, I loved painting the mice. They felt so animated as I progressed through the drawings and painting.

Thank you, Mariana and everyone for being excited about my deck. You're right, the stories are sources of intense passion and I certainly hope that appears obvious through my visual and verbal offerings. I LOVED working on it and have strong ties with the stories and art on a deep level. Even though it's pretty much finished (just awaiting editorial feedback), I think about the project everyday and have enjoyed blogging about it.

Erzebet

LisaHuntArt said:
Many inspiring, illustrative versions of Country Mouse, City Mouse have been released over the years. The timeless message still resonates and makes for good storytelling. I have at least three children's book renditions including Lisbeth Zwerger, Heidi Holder and Jan Brett. My image is different in that my landscape is alive with amorphous beings (you know I can't resist the personification of nature!). Their visual inclusions are part of the emotional delivery! Also, I loved painting the mice. They felt so animated as I progressed through the drawings and painting.

Thank you, Mariana and everyone for being excited about my deck. You're right, the stories are sources of intense passion and I certainly hope that appears obvious through my visual and verbal offerings. I LOVED working on it and have strong ties with the stories and art on a deep level. Even though it's pretty much finished (just awaiting editorial feedback), I think about the project everyday and have enjoyed blogging about it.

And a huge thank YOU Lisa for creating such a passionate and beautiful Tarot and for sharing some of your creative process and creation with us! I know we are all honored :D

Cosy_Mimi

wow, your images look wonderful. Ive been looking around for a tarot of this type, I also love fairy tales. I await the release!

xx

Essjay

Update - 3 of Cups

There's an update to the gallery with the 3 of Cups. Beautiful card - I don't know this fairy story but it looks magical.

:)

mysticmanth

I really cannot wait until this deck comes out, got a bit of a wait though.
x x