The Book of Froth

nisaba

gregory said:
Ooh ooh ooh which card for a Timmie's Iced Cap ???? :D
Describe this Strange Foreign Product.

nisaba

I went out for coffee again this afternoon, and thought (briefly) about buying many different coffees, and doing a lot of photographing. My budget won't look healthy enough to be so wasteful for a couple of days, though, and the place was crowded. <sigh>

w0ndrfulelectr1c

Nisaba, that made me think of something!

What if it were turned into a collective photo project?

Much cheaper and less obnoxious-looking in Starbucks!

nisaba

w0ndrfulelectr1c said:
Nisaba, that made me think of something!

What if it were turned into a collective photo project?

Much cheaper and less obnoxious-looking in Starbucks!

And I could gift the originals to charity (perhaps something to do with children? Get 'em hooked on coffee and Tarot young!)

I'm starting to re-think some of the "pages" - I think all of them should be portraits of coffee, coffee-making things, ingredients, tools of the trade, etc. I don't think there should be any actual people. A series of caffeine-related still lifes, as befits something with such deep transpersonal meanings. I kid you not, I already am working on detailed notes. An' me with my other deck half-done an' all ...

There's a third one in mind, too. And, dammit, it's related to the coffee one! <clasps head in hands, starts to wail> Scapini did the AA Tarot (well, he erroneously called it the Bacchus Tarot, but we've all seen that Hermit!), I get to do the food that was eaten with the wine, and the coffee that was sipped afterwards.

I get to be Emperor of this project? Lady knows, I don't even have authority in my own home - I've *got* to have it somewhere!

nisaba

swimming in tarot said:
...or instant coffee with "coffee whitener" [shudders uncontrollably].
<cackle> It's getting more and more like regular Tarot rather than just an oracle deck - that one, obviously, is the Devil.

nisaba

Okay, tomorrow and the day afterwards I have to remain sane, because I'm reading Tarot in the afternoons, but later during the day on Friday, expect some extreme silliness. I won't be able to help myself. I'll be taking my camera along and buying coffees in bulk, then trying to drink the lot of them because I loathe waste, so by the time I hit the computer, I'll be drugged <wince>.

Major Tom

I saw the title and I got all excited. How brilliant would it be to have a spoof of the Thoth!

I see now it's nothing of the sort. I look forward to seeing some images.

nisaba

Major Tom said:
I saw the title and I got all excited. How brilliant would it be to have a spoof of the Thoth!

I see now it's nothing of the sort. I look forward to seeing some images.
<grin> No, I was only going to go there for the title, which was begging to be ripped off. I suppose, Tom, if you were up for it, you could do a Thoth-clone featuring bubble-bath!

nisaba

<grin> It has a nice, warm redness to it - perhaps "Sleep"?