Mythic Oracle

Jewel

Hearthcricket, I collect those Pena Dragons *LOL* (the "Peackock" colored ones).

P.S. If I had $1,100 to spend on a painting at the moment I would SOOOOOOOOOO buy the painting of The Elder (The Cailleach Bhuer). Looks like I better go buy a lottery ticket *LOL*

HearthCricket

Jewel said:
Hearthcricket, I collect those Pena Dragons *LOL* (the "Peackock" colored ones).

Cool! I love them! I saw this in a Metaphysical shop about 1/2 an hour from us. The only one and I fell instantly in love. I had just got the Dragonfae and pulled Tatsuya within a few days before. It was a perfect moment. I swear I screamed "Tatsuya" in the middle of the store and ran to it! :D Not that I was happy or anything!

Asher

The Mythic Oracle has arrived!

And the artwork is just glorious! I like the size of the cards, cardstock, lamination, subtle borders and the delicious colors! The book looks good too, with small b/w images of the cards, some interesting-looking spreads, a summary of the myth and a detailed description of the message of each card.

Off to read and play with the Olympians!

Asher

Guiding Cauldron

Thank you and blessed be xx

Wow what a treat to find this thread, I'm surprised FB and Jewel didnt rush on over to tell me :) I just came on tonight to check my messages and found this instead!

Your art is AMAZING Dreamsofgaia, I had a good nose on your website and my heart skiped several beats when gazing at some of your work. The Crone ,and being a Lioness, your Lion are breathtaking! Knowing your in process of a Dragon and crystal deck is fantastic news as I have been searching for an approachable deep Dragon deck. Dont get my wrong I ADORE Dragondfae but dragons connected to crystals are what i've been looking for, for some time and reading about the Dragons returing to th estars and now returning really hit me as poignant too.

I have to say your website struck a chord with me deeply the imaging the wording especially about not being afraid of the darkness- really hit home with me so thank you. Your talent is far reaching and soul piercing, what a pleasure to meet you :)

HC I'm fascinated with your glorious looking dragoness, shes gorgeous!

dreamsofgaia

*peeks in*

Hello again :)

I am again smiling. It is really wonderful to know that people are enjoying Mythic and Dragonfae.

The Cailleach/Elder is honestly one of my favourite artworks. I love crone energy and she is so very full of that. She will swoop you up in a hug when you need it, but also whack you upside the head with her staff if that too is necessary. She makes no apology for who she is.

Have I mentioned that dragon energy has been woven into the tarot too? *grins shamelessly* Dragons for me, symbolise pure cosmic energy. They of earth, air, fire, and water, and spirit, all bound up into a completely unified package. Dragon energy is all around us, and within us.

It was said that I write as if I believe what I write ... and I do, while I like to add a little magick and fantasy to my writing, for the most part I do believe in dragons or should I say the energy that is dragon. A lot of my faith weaves around the belief that we are all energy and that we dwell in an energy form when we let go of our physical self. So, with that in mind, who is to say that dragons were not once real, but now dwell in a different form just as we do? It is there, they are there, and we can 'speak' to them for they are dragons, they are angels, they are gods ... they are whatever form they have chosen to take upon themselves. The only difference between them and us, is that they are whole, unified within.

That is why I love the tarot and oracle decks, because they give us the means to look within ourselves and open our minds to thoughts and perceptions that we might have been closed to if they had been offered by someone else.

They teach us to listen to ourselves and the energies that swirl around us.

That's magick. :)

faunabay

I really wish we could all just sit down somewhere and talk. HearthCricket, Guiding Cauldron, Jewel, I and dreamsofgaia. I already know the 4 of us here from AT have VERY similar outlooks in life, nature, and other beings. But it also sounds like you look at things exactly the same way dreamsofgaia. I think we would have a great time - probably talking until the wee hours of the morning. :heart:

I agree with everything you've said dreamsofgaia. First of all The Elder is also my teacher. It was funny, quite a while ago Jewel told me how she "met" her dragonfae teacher from the deck. I did the same thing she did and had to just laugh when I also was shown the Elder was my teacher as well. :laugh: After I got over my surprise at the Elder showing up for me as well, I realized I should have knows......as Jewel and I are very much heart sisters it just made sense we had the same dragonfae teacher. LOL

And I completely agree with you that dragons are real. Maybe not real in the sense we can see them here in our "dimension", but they are real nonetheless.

Guiding Cauldron

I agree. I agree, I agree with it all gaia and FB :) Lets have a slumberparty sometime, actually I have airmiles saved up if ever a meet up should happen call me!

Jewel

Dreamsofgaia, Faunabay could not have said it better, and sorry GG for not PMing you about this thread I just found it a day or 2 ago and have not been around much.

Dreamsofgaia, the way you described The Elder is exactly as I have come to know her. You have some good laughs at my experiences with her. I have grown so attached to her I am probably going to end up approaching you for permission to get a tattoo of her some time down the road. She seems to have the need to smack me more often than hug me, but we are very fond each other, she has very strong energy and a very strong personality. She rules!!! *LOL*. When I grow up (mind you I am 44 *LOL*) I want to be just like her (ouch! think she just struck me over the head with her staff! - *LOL*)

But getting this thread back on topic since I derailed it. I am very excited about getting to see the Mythic on Thursday when I get to Fauanabay's house (she should be getting our decks today *LOL*). I am very interested to put the cards with same deities together to see their different aspects. I like seeing different sides of beings. I have always been fond of Greek and Roman Mythologies, though I must confess my knowledge is very limited. I recently decided to re-aquire the Mythic Tarot (which I did) and so finding this thread and deck just adds to the fun.

Dreamsofgaia, did you include elemental aspects into this oracle? Something tells me that you probably did include them which will be another aspect to enjoy along with the mythology.

HearthCricket

faunabay said:
I really wish we could all just sit down somewhere and talk. HearthCricket, Guiding Cauldron, Jewel, I and dreamsofgaia. I already know the 4 of us here from AT have VERY similar outlooks in life, nature, and other beings. But it also sounds like you look at things exactly the same way dreamsofgaia. I think we would have a great time - probably talking until the wee hours of the morning. :heart:

Oh, slumber party time! lol That would be so much fun! :D

BTW, I love the way your Gods and Goddesses LOOK like Gods and Goddesses and not all wimpy, skinny, frail beings! They look strong and straight out of Greek Mythology book. That alone seems to exude a kind of energy that I pick up when reading with this deck!

dreamsofgaia

I'm not too sure how good our chances are for a meet up unless I win the lottery at some point. Just thinking about airfares overseas right now is enough to make my bank balance pretend it's a whipped dog with its tail between its legs. They didn't get it wrong when they coined the term 'starving artist'.

But that aside (I don't dwell on it cause I'm too darned happy painting) I love meeting like-minded souls, even if it's restricted to nattering online. I find I am better with written words anyway as I tend to speak faster than I think a lot of the time. At least when I write I can edit ;)

I tend to gravitate more towards cards that have a crone energy to them. I guess it's because I'm heading toward that time of life with great speed, and because I think in much the same manner as the crone. I'm a tough love kinda gal at the best of times. I'm only too happy to smother someone in hugs and give them a shoulder, but keep making the same mistake over and over and over again and I'll be one of the first people to tell you and bring out the whomping stick.

So of the Dragonfae deck, I am more drawn to cards like the Elder, but I also have a real soft spot for Gaia's Dragon, the Listener, and The Blue Lady.

Back on the subject of Mythic ... No, I actually -didn't- weave the elements into the deck, although I feel there is a fair bit of subconsicious addition. As I said, Mythic was a learning experience and I was really finding my way with each and every artwork.

And I have my own personal favourites in the deck - some for personal reasons, and others because I click with that particular god. Zeus the Father and Zeus Divine Expansion are both modelled on my partner, and so I cannot help but have a particular soft spot for both of them. Zeus the Thinker, the original artwork, is going to take pride of place over my work space once we have a place of our own. I also love Poseidon Earthshaker, Hestia (I adore), and Persephone (the pomegranate one) and Apollo ... and Herackles (but that's a pure -lust- thing *laughs*)

I think it's a beautifully simple deck that will allow the user to mix it with other decks if they want to, or use it intuitively, so I really hope that it proves to be something people enjoy.