Soul Radiance Tarot

spunch

Well, as I thought, this forum has probably had too much of spunch lately. My fault. So no more cards any more. Thank you all very much for your kind words and support. See you in some other threads! :)

Athara

Too much of spunch? You must be kidding! Seriously, please keep on making and posting the cards. They really speak to me, I love them!

Hedera

Yes, more cards, please!

The devil looked a little 'bland' to me, but that may have something to do with the resolution of my computer, or something; the card may have more detail than I see.

I really like your high priestess, though. A *closed* book, that feels very right to me, and the circles seem to almost move inwards. Very still, very inwardly, very mysterious; just how I like my HP's!

Spunch, I get the feeling that if someone has a criticism on one of your cards, you think they don't appreciate it, or something. But it probably just shows that they are really interested, that they liked some stuff, and that they want to give your their honest feedback. That is what you are posting the cards here for, right?
Besides, people here have very different tastes, one person's perfection is another person's dislike.
So please don't see that as a request to stop posting or making your cards; I think honest, well-thought through criticism is a really good and encouraging thing!

spunch

Hey, don't get me wrong! Of course people have different opinions. That is why some of the people love RW and some almost hate it. That is why some people glorify Cosmic Tribe and the others are either offended by it's nudity or just don't like the fact that there are a lot of male figures on them.

Not a single post or an e-mail I have received did I take as an attack to my work. Of course I posted the cards because I wanted honest criticism. I also know that you cannot please everybody. That's the way it is, as simple as that.

I will be creating the cards. What's in me has to go out. Something has been triggered off and it is now pouring. I just thought that some people may find it a bit, well, how shall I put it, stupid of me to keep producing cards one after another. It hasn't been a long time I bugged everybody about writing journals and how to study cards and all of a sudden I became an expert in explaining and making cards. I don't know. I just feel I get more credit than I deserve, that's all. (But don't get me wrong, this is a good feeling! ;) )

Hedera

Great! I am glad you feel that way.
I doubt if anyone feels you are 'stupid' or anything like it for producing all those cards......I get the feeling a bunch of taroholics are drooling as they keep opening new pics!
It's almost like buying a deck and looking through it really slowly, one or two cards a day - quite exciting!

Demonesse

Hmmm....misunderstanding.

Spunch, I didn't mean "Hey you, go away, I don't like your cards." You misunderstand me. Quite the opposite - I did say I liked some of your cards. Hedera put it very well below:

"Spunch, I get the feeling that if someone has a criticism on one of your cards, you think they don't appreciate it, or something. But it probably just shows that they are really interested, that they liked some stuff, and that they want to give your their honest feedback. That is what you are posting the cards here for, right? Besides, people here have very different tastes, one person's perfection is another person's dislike."

Creative outpouring is a good thing. Always. Yet sometimes (for me, personally) I have to sit back and evaulate my work as if I were an examiner - that way I can break through my limits and do the best I possibly can.

edited to add: I love your Fool and Death. And I think you've done a very good job of "presenting" the cards (the slim black and gold border and typeface).

spunch

Yes, misunderstanding

Hey, Demonesse!

God, no hard feelings at all. I explained in my previous post why I think I should put a break on my rambling about my deck. I appreciate everything you said and your advice was never taken negativelly. Nobody is perfect and I did put my cards for everybody to see and state their opinion. Yours and everybody elses was very valuable and I thank you all for the time taken to reply to my posts and give feedback.

You gave some suggestions how to maybe improve certain images. The fact that some cards are a bit less nice to you and the same cards are wonderful for the others, and vice versa is perfectly OK.

You've been very supportive in your posts and private messages and I really really really don't have anything to complain about.

I will post some cards when the time comes and yours and everybody's criticism and advice is more than welcome!

I love you all!
spunch

Astraea

Creative Process

Spunch, I think that the creative process is a lot like alchemy: things have to "cook" in an enclosed state for awhile. Too much exposure to other people's views, especially so early on, when your materials are still tender, contaminates the mix. Make your designs for yourself, as an expression of your beautiful spirit, and a positive result is assured. :)

Hedera

More honest feedback: I like your fool very much. I think it is a great idea for a fool-card, probably because it reminds me of the Sandman episode where Delirium (who used to be Delight) accidentally turned herself into some butterflies.....
And I like Death, too. I especially like that (to me, anyway) the red swirly bits seen through the opening (or is that closing....?) curtain can look quite scary.

I hope the time for you to post more cards comes soon. I am serious about wanting to buy the deck. It has a very 'stripped down' feel to it, which I really like, while at the same time the cards look sumptuous and beautiful.
So far it looks like something that would be interesting and powerful to read with.

I'm very curious about what kind of minors you are going to do.

Thank you for sharing!

spunch

Hedera said:
And I like Death, too. I especially like that (to me, anyway) the red swirly bits seen through the opening (or is that closing....?) curtain can look quite scary.

Opening or closing... That really is the question, isnt' it. But knowing Death, I think - both! But in the reversed order - closing THAN opening! :)

But I wouldn't worry about Death. My friends (also the ones who couldn't care less about the Tarot) said that The Devil is the scariest card. Everybody felt trapped inside it, wanted to get out, but they just couldn't. Somebody said it reminded them of being sentenced to life with knowing that there is no chance of getting an appeal, and at the same time, you know that you are innocent. For me who created this card, that was a huge compliment. Because, isn't that what The Devil is all about - why did you lock yourself in, that's not you, you are wasting your time and potential, why do you want to stay in there, what are you guilty of, why do you like this prison so much - get out of there!