The Tarot of the Golden Serpent (split from Tarot Decks thread)

Kissa

way too Thothy for my taste, but congrats anyway on your work, stalking hyena! Your deck will find its public and it is definitely nice to see something else than RWS clones as novelties :)

Kissa

rwcarter

I generally don't want to get on the bad side of any Emperor, but I definitely wouldn't want to get on this Emperor's bad side! Very striking image with lots of interpretive possibilities.

Rodney

Freddie

WELL DONE MATE!!!!

Freddie

Scarlet27

Absolutely amazing! :D As AJ said: Thothy in an interesting way. 'Thothy', yet very very unique. The artwork is breathtaking :)

LightTraveller

'Thothy', perhaps, but so far I think I prefer these images to the ones in that deck. I admit I haven't read much with Thoth, so I don't know it well.

I love seeing the various ideas for new decks, and it's particularly nice to watch a good deck through development. Nice work, keep it up!

SpeC

It looks really captivating to me.
:)

Really nice work. Hope it'll be finished soon as a full deck.
I can't really describe how i feel when i look at the pictures, i'm not very good at symbolism yet but those details does get my mind thinking.

All the best in the process of making this tarot.
:)

stalkinghyena

Again, thank you all for your interest, compliments, and comments. I'll keep posting links as I finish. At my current rate of work, I imagine it will take about a year to complete the major arcana. :)

LightTraveller

Such things should not be rushed. Everything takes the time it takes. I'm happy to watch this develop as you see fit to share it with us.

irmata

stalkinghyena said:
Fan-bloody-tastic! I always struggle to be interested in the Emperor, but this one really has my attention. The detail you add to each one is wonderful. Too often I find that certain tarot images - frequently the Emperor - are too "sparse" and lack depth, almost as if the artist's lack of understanding or interest in the card prevents them from creating something "real". Your Emperor does not suffer from this condition!