Stolen Child Tarot

mknighton

Stolen Child Update

I'm almost done with the pencils for the Death card, so I hope to have them up in a day or so!

On the Kickstarter end, I just crossed the quarter funding mark!

Just to clarify, this is an independent project. I'm freelancing right now and do not have a publisher for this project. (It wouldn't affect my ability to do it if I did since publishers don't pay advances and you're on your own to complete the work around your paying gigs.)

Also, even if it totally took off, I still would go my own way because there are more printing and promoting options available to independent artists now and you don't have to give up creative control to meet the guidelines of a commercial publisher. If the Kickstarter campaign doesn't meet it's goal, I'll know now isn't the time for this work, so it's really win/win.

Anyway, I hope to have some more art up to view soon! If you like it and you're thinking about pledging, the campaign runs through Halloween night:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/774786282/stolen-child-tarot-a-major-arcana-deck?ref=email

Chiska

That is absolutely beautiful!

Ivy Rhiannon

Yay I am loving this deck! I pledged :D

Good luck dear I hope you make it!

Chiska

I pledged! :D

How exciting - this is a beautiful project.

mknighton

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the support!
I'm hoping to do the pencils for the Star and get them up soon! It's going to be a tide pool theme.

Storm82

great artwork!
hoping your deck will be printed soon!

(but I think the name is a bit scary......)

mknighton

great artwork!
hoping your deck will be printed soon!

(but I think the name is a bit scary......)

Thanks Storm! And yeah, the name is a bit creepy - - the poem is really haunting and that's probably why it appeals to me :)