Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Kuan Yin Oracle

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Decks

Oraculist

Shade 
Kuan Yin Oracle

Back when I was in college I worked at a new age books and gifts store and by far the number one deity people wanted statues and books about was Kuan Yin (spelled a million different ways by us white people). As a goddess of compassion and a protector of children (but also a rider of dragons) she was popular even with people who would normally be terrified of having a statue of a deity around. So with that in mind I am excited about the upcoming Kuan Yin oracle deck:

http://www.blueangelonline.com/kuan_yin_oracle.htm

I have been pretty happy with nearly all the Blue Angel decks I have gotten. There is a part of me that wonders ever so slightly if the depictions of her in the deck aren't just a liiiiiiiiiiittle too sexualized. Nothing is overtly sexual but in nearly every card in the samples she has a perfect body and a mid riff showing. I admit to actually generally really liking idealized images of men and women in decks (hello Gods & Titan and Goddesses & Sirens) but maybe because it's Kuan Yin I hesitate slightly. I could also be overthinking this.

What does everyone else think?
Top   #1
Oraculist

Shade 

And Sweet mother of all that is holy I didn't see her upcoming Isis Oracle!!!!

http://www.blueangelonline.com/isis_oracle.htm
Top   #2
Citizen

Celtictarot 

Think they're both out over here.
Top   #3
Citizen

desertrat 

They both can be obtained here in the US via Amazon marketplace - that is how I got mine.

I adore Kuan Yin. And all of Blue Angel's Oracles. But I agree the sensuality of the images is rather uncomfortable for me. I would prefer that the artist had gone with more matronly depictions. My lovely Kuan Yin statue has her swathed in flowing robes similar to the Virgin Mary, and this is how I always picture her in my mind. Beautiful and graceful, but not sultry. I still use the oracle, and enjoy it. But it's difficult to connect the cards with the Kuan Yin that has always touched my heart and eased my anxieties.
Top   #4
counting 6 impossible things before breakfast

Glass Owl 

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
I adore Kuan Yin. And all of Blue Angel's Oracles. But I agree the sensuality of the images is rather uncomfortable for me. I would prefer that the artist had gone with more matronly depictions. My lovely Kuan Yin statue has her swathed in flowing robes similar to the Virgin Mary, and this is how I always picture her in my mind. Beautiful and graceful, but not sultry. I still use the oracle, and enjoy it. But it's difficult to connect the cards with the Kuan Yin that has always touched my heart and eased my anxieties.
This is exactly why I have held off getting this oracle deck. While I really would love to have a deck dedicated to Kuan Yin, I am torn by the fact that how she is depicted on the cards is so different than how I imagine her to be.
Top   #5
Citizen

ArcaneWisdom 

I just found out about this deck not too long ago and I think it will be the next one I purchase. How is the readability with this oracle deck? Do you just use it for daily meditations or can you do spreads with multiple cards. Also, how is this deck with reading for other people?
Top   #6
Citizen

LotusSong 

I had trouble with this deck at first, because I was asking the wrong questions. For me personally it does not function very well on daily or down-to-earth matters, like a daily draw. It answers spiritual questions like a charm though, even if the accompanying book can get kind of New Age-y with all of its "there are no mistakes" and "higher vibrational energies" stuff. Even so it has given me as least one good ol' whallop with one of the spreads in the companion book, the four-card Lotus Blossom.
Top   #7
Citizen

Rev_Vesta 

I am loving the Isis Oracle deck and feel I would love the Kuan Yin Oracle deck ....

a very Spiritual deck I feel with much love and compassion drawing on the energies of the Goddess..... YOu are right, not good for everyday type questions, have to be very aware of how you ask each question and how you focus your thoughts..........

Good for leaning about self with meditation, reflection... quiet focus... reading multiple cards together to create further insight to what is needed to move forward on journey......
Top   #8
Citizen

morganesky 

I had both and sold both. Beautiful artwork but they just weren't working for me. I have fiddled with most of the Blue Angel decks and I have to say that the most accurate is the least promoted which was the Wisdom Of The Golden Path. Again, stunning artwork but with great accuracy. Their Crystal Oracle also worked extremely well, and my daughter swears by the Gaia Oracle. As much as I wanted to love the Kuan Yin, too long winded and not accurate enough to keep.
Top   #9
Resident

Eowyn Annwyl 

Is there anywhere online that has a detailed review of this deck, perhaps with several card images? I have always been attracted to Kuan Yin, and I love this artist's work, but the cards I've seen look quite samey to me, and I'd to like to read a detailed review.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.