Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

New edition of The Tarot of Prague for 2016!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

rylla 

Dan S and cSpaceDiva , thank you both. What got me confused is that on their baba-studio website they don't mention any scarf as part of the deal with the large edition (and I was hoping maybe there is going to be a possibility to chose between the scarf and the silk fold-over pouch)
Top   #191
Citizen

cSpaceDiva 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylla View Post
Dan S and cSpaceDiva , thank you both. What got me confused is that on their baba-studio website they don't mention any scarf as part of the deal with the large edition (and I was hoping maybe there is going to be a possibility to chose between the scarf and the silk fold-over pouch)
If you click on 'More details' it does mention the scarf.

From the additional pictures posted, I would have to agree that most of the changes are minor, some I had to look a few times before I caught them. I mentioned before that they appear a little less cluttered. The colors seem richer, I am noticing more gold set against deeper blue, twilight skies to make it pop. Of the cards shown, the most significant changes would have to be in The Sun, the 3 of Pentacles and the Knight of Wands (one of the few where I prefer the older version).

The "standard edition" is $95 (without coupon). Also, both Death cards are shown on the ordering page for the standard edition, so maybe that is not one of the extra LE cards? It does seem strange that they haven't posted those extra cards because it might be an enticement to upgrade for people who are on the fence about which version to order. Especially considering that the price difference between the two is $60, and the scarf the LE comes with is valued at $45.

I will almost certainly pass, I do have the 2nd edition and the changes are not so significant that I feel the need to own this new version. The foil stamping seemed innovative and original on the Alice Tarot, here is seems like a gimmick to justify higher prices. I do wish they would leave that to the LE and offer a more reasonably priced standard edition, even $40-$50 seems like it would be more palatable to lots of folks and would still allow them to produce high quality decks.

Edit:
Quote:
Baba "standard size" fully illustrated cards, 125 * 78 mm (about 5 * 3 inches) plus an "extra" Death card and a title card (80 cards in all). Please note that our standard size is quite large, but still very usable.
I should have taken my own advice and looked at more details
Top   #192
Citizen

FLizarraga 

Please stop talking about that SCAAAAAAAAAARF!!!!!!
Top   #193
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

No.

scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf scarf

Besides, some people want to make sure they get one Others want to make sure they don't.
Top   #194
Citizen

cSpaceDiva 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
Please stop talking about that SCAAAAAAAAAARF!!!!!!
Stop saying stop talking the scarf.
Top   #195
Citizen

cSpaceDiva 

Ok, so....
Quote:
78 very large format fully illustrated cards, 165 * 100 mm (about 6.5 * 4 inches) plus an "extra" two cards and a title card (81 cards in all).
Quote:
Baba "standard size" fully illustrated cards, 125 * 78 mm (about 5 * 3 inches) plus an "extra" Death card and a title card (80 cards in all). Please note that our standard size is quite large, but still very usable.
The LE has one more card than the standard?
Top   #196
Magical Dreamer

Aeric 

This thread acted as one giant de-enable. I went from wanting Prague to not at all.
Top   #197
Citizen

Rhinemaiden 

Standard edition and new companion book..... done and dusted!
Top   #198
Source Heiress

MoonGypsy 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeric View Post
This thread acted as one giant de-enable. I went from wanting Prague to not at all.
i have stayed away from this thread for the most part...

i don't need enabeling and can't be de-enabled.
Top   #199
Citizen

delizt 

I have the original first edition, it's my favorite of all the Baba decks, so thankfully I'm not interested in a re-do...it seems they are just getting more and more expensive which I think is a shame...
Top   #200

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.