Lover's Path Tarot update

Ivy Rhiannon

Artandwords you're Kris Waldherr?

Wow! Nice to meet you! I have your Goddess Tarot, and absolutly love it! It is my first and only deck. I love the artwork, and the time you put into it. All my friends/clients enjoy it as well. I actually have had a hard time finding another deck I like as much! LOL :D

Oh...sorry for the rant! I just wanted to say thank you on such a wonderful deck! I bet The Lover's Path Tarot will be just as successful, because it came out beautiful! Congrads on its completion! :)

artandwords

Thanks to all . . .

for your kind words and messages about The Lover's Path Tarot. Sorry I've been silent, but I was out of the country over New Year's and only just got back into the studio. Between being seven months' pregnant and jetlagged, I'm moving much more slowly than usual!

However, I must admit (with a bit of guilt) to lurking on the tarot forum board -- and being totally pleased by people's reactions to the LPT. :) So happy that everyone has responded so positively! The LPT was a real labor of love, and a real labor in which several years of work were compressed into one. I can't believe how hard I worked!

In quick reply to your messages:

>Was the sword in an anvil or a stone?

I've read both. I like Fulgour's explanation, which neatly encompasses both possibilities.

> I'm just curious about the new book K.W. is illustrating with similar concepts...

The new book is a novel, so in many ways it differs from the LPT. My novel, entitled The Lover's Path, is set in Renaissance Italy and was inspired by a true story of that era. However, like the LPT, it uses love myths as its organizing principle and explores the nature of love; in the novel, specifically, there are two characters, one who represents sacred love, the other profane. It's also very romantic in tone. Some of the art from the LPT is used in the book, but there's a lot of new art as well. I'm excited about it since it's my first work of fiction for adults! I just finished it before I left for Paris. Abrams Books will be bringing it out Fall 2005, along with a calendar, notecard set, and blank journals.

BTW, I should mention that I'm planning on being in the studio part time until I give birth to my daughter (probably in late March/early April). So if anyone is interested in ordering a LPT limited edition, I will be shipping them out until that time. After that, I plan to be on a true maternity leave (ie: no work at all) for three months, possibly longer depending on my deadline schedule. Right now, it looks as though I'll have a new book deadline in December 2005, which should allow me to easy gracefully back into work without too much stress.

Any further questions on the LPT, feel free to post them. I'll do my best to answer in a more timely fashion, now that I'm back at work.

artandwords

my daughter has arrived!

Quick check in to say that Thea Delphine Waldherr Miller (Thea Miller for everyday) was born March 16th, 2005 at 12:37pm in Brooklyn, NY. She arrived four weeks early, to avoid potential complications from preeclampsia; I was on bedrest for the last month of my pregnancy. Fortunately, everything worked out beautifully and Thea was able to come home with us from the hospital without delay.

Thea has a full head of dark hair (like her father), blue eyes, and very expressive long hands (like me). Right now, she is snoring in her sling as I type away.

As you can imagine, my husband and I overjoyed at her safe arrival!

M-Press

Wonderful news Kris!!!!

This sounds so very exciting, and glad to hear everything turned out well and all of you are fine and healthy!

May she bring joy to your lives, become your most precious creation, and inspire you for many more!
:)

artandwords

thea photos....

Thanks for your congrats! I've got to admit that I'm euphoric these days, sleep deprivation and all. :)

If anyone is interested, I just linked to some photos of Thea on my Lover's Path journal webpage at www.artandwords.com/lptarot/journal.html .

SongDeva

Kris,
Congratulations on the arrival of this little soul.
May you all experience unlimited joy and growth
in each other's company.

Lara

Cerulean

Very lovely--thanks for sharing!

And best wishes on the new journeys with the new little one!

A truly joyful sharing,

Cerulean