One Deck Wonder

Astrae

sravana:

I have a friend who absolutely SWEARS by her Imagination deck. It is THE ONLY deck she has used for over 4 years now. For her, one who has been a collector for 10 years, to use only deck for such a long period of time really makes me admire her.

Sheri

One of the key hopes I have for this exercise is that using the International Icon - devoid of distracting imagery - I will be able to unlock the secrets of the Courts cards. I want to know who they really are under all the frillies...

I just have to resist the urge to draw faces on all the little iconic heads })

EarthAngel2911

Ok. Slight problem.... I don't know which deck to use! :) I liked the idea that a few of you drew a card from each of your possible decks, so I'm sure I'll end up doing that. But I also looked through my decks, and there are at least 22 decks that I want to eventually do this exercise with. Of course, even if I took only 2 months with each deck, that would take me almost 4 years! Yikes! But, baby steps I think...

So, there are four decks that are possibilities right now, all acquired fairly recently (within the last year). Two are Magic Realist decks (no surprise there!) and two are LS decks.

* Victorian Romantic (have really been enjoying this deck!)
* Fantastic Menagerie (just got introduced to this deck through the comparison study threads, and this deck seems very non-traditional and could have a LOT to teach me)
* Universal Fantasy (am LOVING this deck and its giving me great readings)
* Manga (was very surprised initially at how many layers this deck has. Could be very fun.)

So, after I get some sleep, I'll have to draw from each of these decks and see which one picks me. :)

Now what I usually have to do to meet big goals is to break them down into smaller goals. I may have to tell myself that I'll do just one month, or two months. I'm more likely to keep that commitment. Then I can work from there. Oooh, I'm getting excited about this! :)

Little Baron

Just as an aside, if I hadn't chosen the Victorian, I think I would have gone with the tarot of the ages or the menagerie. I think the Menagerie would be a very interesting one to try out for the experiment. What a great world to live in for a suspended amount of time.

LB

lunakasha

EarthAngel2911 said:
Ok. Slight problem.... I don't know which deck to use! :) So, after I get some sleep, I'll have to draw from each of these decks and see which one picks me. :)

Now what I usually have to do to meet big goals is to break them down into smaller goals. I may have to tell myself that I'll do just one month, or two months. I'm more likely to keep that commitment. Then I can work from there. Oooh, I'm getting excited about this! :)

I REALLY like your idea of drawing a card (or two) from each deck to see which one "chooses you"....think I might borrow, if you don't mind! :p I have reduced the possible candidates down to five.....

And I am also starting with one month, as six months is just too much for me to grasp right now. I am committed to one month, the month of April, and will see where to go from there. Can't wait to get started tomorrow!

:) Luna

EarthAngel2911

lunakasha said:
I REALLY like your idea of drawing a card (or two) from each deck to see which one "chooses you"....think I might borrow, if you don't mind! :p

Actually, I saw a few people who had done that earlier in this thread, and that's where I got the idea.

Speaking of that, I drew my cards last night (couldn't wait until the morning) and it was very interesting. I narrowed it down to two, but I'm torn. The Universal Fantasy seemed to speak louder, but I really LOVE my Victorian Romantic and don't really want to give it up yet.

Here are my draws:

I asked: "What will you have to offer me if I were to use just you for the next 2 months?" ;) Rather than go with the standard meanings, in the spirit of this whole exercise, I just listened to the images.

Victorian Romantic - Queen of Cups
She looks as if she's ready to jump off her chair and join in the party. She appears enthusiastic and interested in what she can contribute to the exercise. A good card!

Fantastic Menagerie - Four of Swords
This card shows a couple of lizards napping and relaxing in the streets near a rundown building. Although it seems hard to believe with this deck, it could be a snoozer for me at this time.

Universal Fantasy - Moon
The image on this card spoke to me the most. My first thought was, What will it show me? Illusions. But then I actually looked at the card; I see three men, each wearing masks. One wears the mask of a wolf, another a panther, and another a lobster. And I think, Who is really under those masks? What will I find if I look deep enough within this deck? I think this could be the deck.

Manga - Knight of Swords (which in this deck is representative of the Page in other decks)
Beginning the study of ideas. Interesting. A meaningful message, but it doesn't stir me emotionally.

I seem to be getting the most out of the Universal Fantasy; it just seems to speak to me the loudest. But again, I just don't want to give up my Victorian Romantic... :( It's been an awfully long time since I've felt this attached to a deck.... What to do? I guess I would be cheating if I used both? :angel:

Little Hare

Earth angel use the deck you feel most comfortable with! its not forever only for a certain period of time.

Sheri

Holy Cow! I get to start today with the International Icon! I swear that Jeannette has a time machine or something. I just ordered the deck Thursday and it is in my grubby mitts today!

So, starting today, I commit to using the Icon for all readings I do other than the Window/Door readings. I'll try a month for now.

Woohoo!

Hey! I didn't know it GLOWS in the dark, too! SWEET! :thumbsup:

Little Hare

The Fey

Due to the fact that I have such a hectic lifestyle at this point in my life (university, placement etc etc.) This is a really good exercise as i need to something to offer stability.

I have chosen The Fey This was difficult because I had My vision quest tarot that i'm very close to, but i sent them a mental message and now its all good.

I asked the following; What do i need to know about working with the fey for six months?

Card: Two-The Seer

What i got from the card; A door will be opened/quieting of the mind/ability to see all things as they truely are (without judgement)/study shows the way forward/magic comes from within when we quieten the mind.

I also Recieved an image with this card, but will post it in my journal. I dont feel comfortable sharing it.

Afterthought; All that we need is provided with