Stone to be more grounded

Esk

Hi everyone!
I don't know many things about crystals and stones, but I would like to try something that can help me to be more grounded and more focused. I have some difficulties to concentrate and I'm often in my own little world.
Do you think hematite or obsidian can help? Or do you have some other ideas?
thanks!

Onion Budgie

Yes, hematite and obsidian are good grounding stones. Also black tourmaline and jet.

If you're looking for grounding with creative focus, I'd suggest red jasper or tiger iron. :)

Esk

I already have a black tourmaline. I've been told its great to protect from electromagnetic radiation but i did'nt know its a grounding stone. I will try with it :) And maybe an hematite or red jasper pendant too because my tourmaline is too big to wear in a pocket ( and because it's pretty stones :))
Thank you for your help!

Briar Rose

Shungite is an excellent crystal for grounding, too. I posted a link to a youtube video over in spirituality in th ley lines thread.

After grounding, I would feel you would want to work with some 3rd eye crystals in purple and violet for focusing. I think you want to keep that pineal gland open? I don't feel accessing your 3rd eye would keep you less focused.

What exacty did you want to focus on? Crystal Grids can help with many things because a grid will help you entrain your mind and emotions.
Pendants are a way to wear them close to the body.

http://www.seidcrystals.com/mineralguide.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vQw7O1-cfI

Esk

Thank you for the links, it's very interesting! And the video helps me a lot :). Actually i would like to be ready for an important job interview. I always have grounding uses, and lately, i'm unable to focus on anything so it's hard to prepare the interview and get ready for it. According to the video, the fluorite and blue apatite seem to be great for my problem :).
Shungite seems a great stone too, but what is the difference between shungite and tourmaline?

I didn't know anything about crystal grids so i looked on internet. It seems interresting and I understand why you suggest it, but maybe it's a little complicated for me right now, I don't have a lot of experience with stones.

singerofpeace

Love all of these ideas :)

When I really need some super grounded grounding, I do always turn to Hematite... It is just so dense and heavy, it feels like I just am slowly falling into a soothing dark pool rather than flying off with my head in the clouds. However, I find that kind of grounding rarely necessary... Normally, especially for a high anxiety thing like an interview, I am more looking for something reassuring and empowering and perhaps something to facilitate the manifestation of the best possible path going forward. I personally like to wear some Pietersite, which has bits of Tiger's Eye, Jasper and Quartz, especially the variety with blue Tiger's Eye (though if you need confidence, red or yellow could help give you that fire but still keep some earthy grounding with the Jasper in it). Labradorite is another favorite of mine- it has an earthy grounded look and feel but with breathtaking and inspiring flashes of color, and seems to bring out the best possible scenarios. The fact that you picked Fluorite and Blue Apatite kind of suggests you want something other than grounding... If you don't mind me asking, what type of job is the interview for? I recently suggested Blue Kyanite to someone going into a job interview, too- she wanted to facilitate the ability to clearly communicate the thoughts in her head in an calm and empowered way. It also sounds up your alley, if Fluorite and Blue Apatite speak to you!

Briar Rose

Just thinking- sometimes not feeling grounded or off in your own little world to be a sign of your chakra's not being balanced either. Diet and too much carbs, sugar and not enough exercise contribute too. Lots of factors.

If I had to do some interveiws, I would look up on line sample interviews and key questions and answers. That will keep you grounded too. I would pick sodalite as my stone. Blue Kyanite works great, especially if the other person holds one too. Not saying you ask the interveiwer to hold one. But wouldn't be be great of we lived in that kind of society?

singerofpeace

Just thinking- sometimes not feeling grounded or off in your own little world to be a sign of your chakra's not being balanced either. Diet and too much carbs, sugar and not enough exercise contribute too. Lots of factors.

If I had to do some interveiws, I would look up on line sample interviews and key questions and answers. That will keep you grounded too. I would pick sodalite as my stone. Blue Kyanite works great, especially if the other person holds one too. Not saying you ask the interveiwer to hold one. But wouldn't be be great of we lived in that kind of society?

Hahaha, I love the idea of both the interviewer and interviewee holding some Blue Kyanite... lining up those striations and just being able to *get* each other. I sure do wish we lived in that kind of society :)

I also do love Sodalite for issues of communication... and Chrysocolla also is one I have turned to when I need some confidence in my ability to speak well (especially to a group/when under stress). But yes... I agree that maybe a stone for grounding isn't so much what you are hoping for, Esk. In any case, best of luck!!!

Esk

Thank you for all your answers :)
Yes maybe a grounding stone is not the best thing for an interview. But I feel i need one in general so it's still useful :)
To be more specific, I'm looking for a stone that can help me be focused on my work to prepare the interview (in 2 weeks now). It's a job to be in charge of a cultural establishment, so I need to be ready about a lot of things (culture of course, but also administrative and management stuff).

Sodalite seems great!
I think I'll go to the crystal shop with your suggestions and see if i have a special feeling with one or many.
Thanks a lot :)

linnie

Hi everyone!
I don't know many things about crystals and stones, but I would like to try something that can help me to be more grounded and more focused. I have some difficulties to concentrate and I'm often in my own little world.
Do you think hematite or obsidian can help? Or do you have some other ideas?
thanks!

Hey Esk :) Fluorite for focus on the interview material, and petrified wood for grounding :) and I like hematite, too :) I'm an airhead, most days, and the more dense, darker, earthier stones are what I always grab first for grounding :) So, where some may suggest black tourmaline, it doesn't work to ground me because its glassy, rather than matt finished and earthy. It's all really individual, huh :)