Your Most Readable Deck

Morwenna

And ah... even more good heavens!! - You mean... some people choose decks they think make them look cool even when they can't get on with them? :) :)
Wonders never cease. :joke:

If I want to look cool I'll paint my nails purple.

If I want to read Tarot, I go for the decks I know best: the RWS and its descendants, lately my favorite has been the Hanson-Roberts. I learned the RWS system first, so those decks that adhere closest to it are the easiest for me. The Robin Wood, the Halloween, so many are in that category and I find them all easy. I often prefer the H-R because it's a different and softer art style, but adheres very closely to the RWS; the best compromise is probably the Universal Waite, which is RWS re-colored by Mary Hanson-Roberts! (Now to find a smaller version... those cards are Big!)

Oh, and purple nails go well with some of these decks. :D

mydearruby

For me it is the lucky pack handmade by Arnell Ando. I wish I could just read equally well with other more sophisticated and *artsy*decks in my collection but my intuition betrays me. What makes it more ridiculous----though I don't even like her somewhat politically charged message in the LWB, I found something new and interesting every time I referred to it.

Solid evidence how one can have different layers of the self without even knowing it.

rylla

For me it's still the Illuminated (C.H.) tarot (I used the word "still" as I vaguely remember this question being asked on this forum some time ago). Illustrated pips and colorful enough images not to get bored ... Especially when I read for friends (easy to explain a card to them if I want to).

The other one is Maximo. It seems very expressive to me and acts on my intuitive side...

VioletEye

hmmm... well, i learned with the RWS, and it will always be my classic, the yardstick that i use to measure other decks with. that being said, i would say that the deviant moon is my most readable! goosebump-readable.
it follows the basic RWS formula, but with just enough deviance (sorry :D ) to light the way towards different avenues of thought. i could go on about this deck, but let me just say that it feels like a world that i can step into and understand. i love it.

but i should also say that i've only been practicing tarot seriously for about four years, and i have a few other decks that i feel like i could really get on with, but it's a time issue, right? there are a lot of different systems out there that i've only just dipped my toes into; what about astrological correspondences? color symbolism, alchemy, hermetics, kabbalah... who know what will prove to be illuminating once those nuts are cracked.

Achlys

Honestly my go-to decks are the Deviant Moon Tarot and the Necronomicon Tarot.
I've been able to get the best and most accurate readings from them. They're comfortable to me.
And as far as tarot decks go, they have the best "personalities" that mesh with mine.

Scarlet Woodland

Another druidcraft gal here. There are others I love but still have to slap my hand now and then when I notice I'm 'translating' them back to the druidcraft version. Naughty.

MissChiff

Gee... I'm feeling a little picked on. Not me just my Thoth deck

Carla

Gee... I'm feeling a little picked on. Not me just my Thoth deck

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'd say I wonder why Thoth gets such a reaction out of people, but I developed my own devotion to it only because I forced myself to face my aversion to it and do a One Deck Wonder with it.

lightpers

Victorian Romantic Tarot.

stone_lotus

RWS without a doubt. :D

The Wild Unknown reads very easily for me, too, but occasionally I'll find myself having to pause with that deck: to dig a little, to backtrack, to uncover layers, to reconsider, to briefly go down alternate pathways. None of these are unwanted -- they enhance the experience and the ultimate gain, to be honest. Great for meditation, too.

However, for straight-up "readable" -- which is important to me when I am

1. reading for somebody else for the very first time, or
2. reading for myself about an issue that I'm, mmmmmmm, prone to get "emotional" about/misinterpret,

it's the RWS every time. I love this deck. It's crisp and deep and clear as a glacier. : ) Wondrous.