Beautiful Creatures Deck

Dominoo

So I gots me a pretty sweet tarot deck, but it has "simplified" the court cards into their astrological signs. I'm trying to convert those back into their original card names. Ram of fires implies Aries; but I don't know if that is a knight, queen, or whatever. It also has Nymph signs, which I also don't quite know what their conversion is either.

Any ideas?

This is a beautiful deck, btw. And the book that comes with it is quite good for beginners.

Kat Moon

I love this deck!!! It is just so gorgeous to look at. But the courts are harder in this deck. Here is what I have found. The nymphs are pages. Then the following
Wands ~
All have fire in the title
Nymph of Fire ~ Page of Wands
Archer of Fire ~ Knight of Wands
Ram of Fire ~ Queen of Wands
Lion of Fire ~ King of Wands

Pentacles ~
Are all Earths
Nymph of Earths ~ Page of Pentacles
Virgin of Earths ~ Knight of Pentacles
Goat of Earths ~ Queen of Pentacles
Bull of Earth ~ King of Pentacles

Swords ~
All are Airs
Nymph of Airs ~ Page of Swords
Twins of Airs ~ Knight of Swords
Scales of Airs ~ Queen of Swords
Jar of Airs ~ King of Swords

Cups
Are all Waters
Nymph of Waters ~ Page of Cups
Fish of Waters ~ Knight of Cups
Crab of Waters ~ Queen of Cups
Scorpion of Waters ~ King of Cups

I hope that this helps!

Dominoo

I love this deck!!! It is just so gorgeous to look at. But the courts are harder in this deck. Here is what I have found. The nymphs are pages. Then the following
Wands ~
All have fire in the title
Nymph of Fire ~ Page of Wands
Archer of Fire ~ Knight of Wands
Ram of Fire ~ Queen of Wands
Lion of Fire ~ King of Wands

Pentacles ~
Are all Earths
Nymph of Earths ~ Page of Pentacles
Virgin of Earths ~ Knight of Pentacles
Goat of Earths ~ Queen of Pentacles
Bull of Earth ~ King of Pentacles

Swords ~
All are Airs
Nymph of Airs ~ Page of Swords
Twins of Airs ~ Knight of Swords
Scales of Airs ~ Queen of Swords
Jar of Airs ~ King of Swords

Cups
Are all Waters
Nymph of Waters ~ Page of Cups
Fish of Waters ~ Knight of Cups
Crab of Waters ~ Queen of Cups
Scorpion of Waters ~ King of Cups

I hope that this helps!

Thanks a ton! This sure helps a lot! Cheers! :D

I'm loving this deck. Do you feel the same sassy attitude it gives off? Such an attitude. :p

Dominoo

The swinging one is the hanged man, eh?

Myrrha

The swinging one is the hanged man, eh?

A lot of the Major Arcana cards in this deck have different names. I always like to think of cards with changed names by the new name it is given and not try to relate it too much to traditional tarot. That way the tone and messages that are unique to the deck can come out.

Can't wait to get this one, glad you are finding it "sassy"! Which cards are your favorites?

Dominoo

A lot of the Major Arcana cards in this deck have different names. I always like to think of cards with changed names by the new name it is given and not try to relate it too much to traditional tarot. That way the tone and messages that are unique to the deck can come out.

Can't wait to get this one, glad you are finding it "sassy"! Which cards are your favorites?

Yeah, I finally figured out all of them. I see the theme they had behind creating the deck.

Honestly, to pick a favorite would be unfair. Every card is unique. I like that. There is no "copy and paste", while also maintaining a theme to teach of the houses. The artistic drive behind them is just fantastic. I love it.

The only thing I dislike is how big the cards are. Makes shuffling a chore. :p

You? You have any particular favorites?

Dominoo

I do like the star though. Always like seeing that in a spread.

EmpyreanKnight

So Becket-Griffith finally decided to make a Tarot deck. I have her Les Vampires Oracle and even though I was a bit apprehensive at first, because I don't usually dig cute and pretty, I ended up liking it a lot.

One thing I noticed. I like her style when it comes to drawing female characters - the doe-eyed dewy look that seems like a modernized Margaret Keane. And this deck is very female-centric, which I am not at all bothered with. But in the Lovers card, while the girl is still as pretty as always, the male made me go "Eh?". The style was just jarring, out of place in a deck like this. I was not able to look at all the cards, but the Emperor and Hierophant were females, and the court cards I saw all seem to be females too.

So just a question, to those who have already bought the set - are there any other males in the deck aside from the one in the Lovers card? If there are, were they drawn just like him?

Myrrha

Yeah, I finally figured out all of them. I see the theme they had behind creating the deck.

Honestly, to pick a favorite would be unfair. Every card is unique. I like that. There is no "copy and paste", while also maintaining a theme to teach of the houses. The artistic drive behind them is just fantastic. I love it.

The only thing I dislike is how big the cards are. Makes shuffling a chore. :p

You? You have any particular favorites?

You're right, it is hard to pick just a few favorites because they really aren't just RWS cards with a theme applied. What I like best about it is that the images really inspire emotion in me. I think of my question and look at a card (online) and ask myself how I feel. So I love the cards like The Moon, 8 of Fires. The 3 of Aires is an amazing card and brings up feelings about what is and what I wish could be, or about different aspects of personality. I also love The Swinging One. Sometimes it seems light hearted and sometimes not.

For decks with large cards I like to deal the deck out into 6 or 7 piles and then pick up one pile and deal it out onto the others and so on. It is a nice meditative way to start a reading.

@Empyreanknight, the other card with a male character is the Two of Waters. Like The Lovers card it is based on an old painting. Those two cards do stick out in the deck, they are not as emotionally up-close. It is more like a traditional tarot deck where you are looking at a symbol of a relationship rather than the rest of this deck where you are right in there experiencing the emotions. There are a couple of YouTube videos where you can see all the cards.

I'm not sure why I like this better than the oracle decks she illustrated, it seems more intense somehow.