Food Fortunes?

MissNine

I just saw this in a store last week. On the box, it stated the cards were to be used to predict what you're going to eat tonight for dinner, or something like that. I thought they were oracle cards, but with nothing else but that statement regarding use on the box, I didn't feel the cards would help me at all or be useful unless I was someone who needs an oracle deck to help them decide what to eat. It was kind of an odd single thing to publish on the box, absent a more in depth explanation of how the cards are used.

gregory

Even by my standards that looks unusually silly. Though the Hanged Man - "Links" is clever.

I would have to be feeling VERY flush even to consider this.

Girl Archer

Just ordered this one from Amazon, hope I don't regret this purchase. I like funky decks and food, so I think I should be able to work well with this deck.

Girl Archer

I get how the pizza slice can be The Magician but I would think Burger = Emperor. Why Hierophant? I thought The Folded One (taco) was funny as The High Priestess.

gregory, can you explain what The Links meant in place of Hanged Man? :) All I saw was a bunch of sausages.

gregory

I get how the pizza slice can be The Magician but I would think Burger = Emperor. Why Hierophant? I thought The Folded One (taco) was funny as The High Priestess.

gregory, can you explain what The Links meant in place of Hanged Man? :) All I saw was a bunch of sausages.
No no - just that sausages do HANG rather well ! A hanging pie wouldn't have had the same effect :) Nor even hanging game, maturing.

Let me know what you think when you get it - maybe you can lead me into the path of wickedness.

think

Hahaha, the beginning - the egg? Loved that.

I wouldn't buy it tho I don't think. But it looks fun.

gregory

Should have been a BOILED egg. Fried has kind of hatched :D

Girl Archer

No no - just that sausages do HANG rather well ! A hanging pie wouldn't have had the same effect :) Nor even hanging game, maturing.

Let me know what you think when you get it - maybe you can lead me into the path of wickedness.

Ah okay, I am venturing into unfamiliar territory here with bacon, sausages and all other non vegetarian foods. Hence I asked. I will see if I can pull you down with me into the dark spinning vortex that is this deck :grin:

DavidMcCann

The reference is to the traditional sausages that come joined up, rather than separate. Individual sausages can then be called links, It's years since I've heard it and my dictionary labels it dialect.

The cards look a bit silly to me, but I see that Amazon has listed it under humour as well as under tarot.