Food Fortunes?

Morwenna

Even now we call sausages "links" if they're shaped like that, as opposed to a sausage patty.

I see there are suits, at least 3 which are named in the pictures (mains, sweets, drinks); I wonder what the fourth one is? I also wonder what the pips look like.

It's rather clever to see them done in a caricature of Pixie's style.

Would I buy them? Maybe, for a curiosity, if I saw more pictures. Could I read with them? Only if I thought real hard about the connections, maybe.

Leonora

Just ordered a deck! My food tarot sub collection grows. Not sure I'll be able to read with these, but the price was right.

Debra

Here's the deck on the artist's web site: http://www.joshlafayette.com/#/foodfortunes/

Here's from the Amazon blurb, on how to use the deck. Three suits for three parts of a meal. I like the idea that every meal includes dessert :)

Food Fortunes makes divining the sacred mysteries of 'whats for dinner tonight?' as simple as turning over a few cards. This playful deck features 78 mystically illustrated food & drink cards and a booklet detailing their use and auspicious origins. Simply lay the cards out three at a time et voila--your meal appears before you, a vision from the spirit realm. This dining divining game can be played alone or with hungry friends to give apathetic appetites a mystical nudge in the right direction.​

Girl Archer

The reference is to the traditional sausages that come joined up, rather than separate. Individual sausages can then be called links, It's years since I've heard it and my dictionary labels it dialect.

The cards look a bit silly to me, but I see that Amazon has listed it under humour as well as under tarot.

Ah, okay so that's what it is. Thank you for explaining links David. But do you know what the association to Hanged Man is, apart from the idea that they hang well?

One of my favourite pics from that website shared by Debra (thank you! :) ) - http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...82/1456256314750/FF-Dessert-1.jpg?format=750w

reall

OMG! luv that artstyle and idea and my fav bookstore have fantastic price!:))
this will be one of those hard to resist temptation!:))
only stopping me from ordering is my family thinking WTF!? /like they don't think that already!^^ lolz and worst part think I can totally read with this!X,X as food choice totaly make sense to me!:))))

definitely one of better decks I've seen this yr!XD ;))

gregory

Ah, okay so that's what it is. Thank you for explaining links David. But do you know what the association to Hanged Man is, apart from the idea that they hang well?
Well after all - what other foods DO hang well ?

Jonezy

I ordered this on pre order a while ago. It looked fun. Looking forward to receiving it.

Girl Archer

Well after all - what other foods DO hang well ?

An upside down cake? Like the chandelier design one from Kaley Cuoco's wedding? That hung pretty well, I think. Meats - wise though, no idea.

think

The sausages thing kind of made sense to me. It just looks like a hanged man, kinda, vaguely... I mean you have to allow yourself to see it. It's abstract, for sure.

But if you think of making a person out of (links of) sausages, a link for a foot, bend and then the calf, the next link is the thigh, a super fat sausage link for the trunk and then the upper arm, another link for the forearm, the hand. The same on the other side, somehow a link becomes the head and the trunk links are intertwined....

Yes, I thought too much about this haven't I. Tee hee hee